Brewer Fanatic

7/29/08 Cubs (Zambrano) at Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 CDT

rluzinski
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First inning will be big for #15. If he is on, you can see it early...if he gives up runs, it seems to be early.
but in 2 of is losses, he gave up the runs later on in the game (dodgers game in may, rockies game earlier this month)

If I recall right, that's when the offense scored ZERO runs for him. In other words, every pitch had to be perfect. He needs to be big all night

I just don't see these teams getting into a brawl...its really not in either of their nature. Yeah, Braun is a little cocky, it's not like big Z is some wallflower. The Cubs aren't going to mess around when they are in the thick of it like this and either are the Brewers. I think there's a fair amount of mutual respect between the players as well. The fans on the other hand...

Community Moderator

I actually had the fortune of seeing a Brewers/Indians brawl at County Stadium back when I was 10 years old. For those who don't remember, it was the Albert Belle/Fernando Vina game. Belle decks Vina between 1st and 2nd, the Brewers hit an Indians batter the next inning, and the Indians hit a Brewers batter (don't remember who) who charges the mound resulting in a full scale brawl. It was great.

I also got to see the game where Billy Spiers was tackled by a fan in right field, which resulted in both the Brewers and Astros combining to beat the fan up.

My friends and I had about an hour long conversation one day about who would step up and who would kind of jog in from the bullpen if a brawl were to happen. Our ranking of guys you wouldn't want to mess with was

1. Prince 2. Rickie 3. The Muscle 4. Kapler 5. McClung

Additionally, Sheets, Gagne, and Shouse were the guys not throwing a single punch, and Jason Kendall was voted dirtiest fighter.

As far as the game goes, let's stop giving Soriano and D-Lee so many fastballs.

Community Moderator

In case you were wondering, in the Brewers/Indians fight, the Brewers bullpen simply climbed over the outfield wall and charged in, while the Indians (in the back bullpen) had to wait for the gate to be opened so they could join in the fight.

Being a HUGE baseball fan in general, last nights game was prolly one of the three best games I have watched this season. I have mlb ticket and have no life but to watch ball games all day. I hope tonight is another game like it with the same outcome. My buddy from Wisconsin and I watched the game together and both consider ourselves very in depth baseball fans seeing how we both played through college and I take his opinion into consideration cause it usually makes sense and he understands the game.

BUT reading last nights forum from the game he is nothing like other Brewer fans...he makes sense and doesnt cry and whine as much (except only the things he mumbles about Yost under his breath). I didnt think I would read these forums and see so much jealousy. And for no reason, I mean what the hell do the Cubs ever win??

how about starting McClung tonight? Put the first pitch in Soriano's ribs, and then let Benny take over the rest of the game.

A 3-pitch strikeout by Benny is the next best thing http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Last night was a great example of how a game can be exciting while still being poorly played by at least one team on a fundamental level. See also, Memphis/Tennessee in college hoops earlier this year.

Please quit chasing his junk guys. Just stay patient, he will get rattled and then you go for the kill.

Zombrano is throwin fastballs for strikes which makes it hard to lay off of his good sinker. He is pitching well just like Sheets throwing that big nasty curve for strikes which makes it hard to lay off of the high fastball. Gotta give Zombrano credit "so far" that is why he has had so much success his entire career.

Archived