Brewer Fanatic

Turnbow has rotator cuff tear

Yeah I can see how Rickie would have a tough time figuring out for himself that he was having a rough game. I think about 10,000 fans booing would help him realize he was having a horrible game.

I guess that I never understood why I need to further point out what the Player already knows. I am pretty sure that Rickey felt bad enough about it already.

That booing he received after the strikeout was really something considering it completely overpowered the Cubs fans. It would have even made Turnbow and Gagne blush.

Turnbow was a very odd pitcher. He had dominate stats in 05 and half of 06, but I never felt like the game was over as I did with someone like Cordero. I liked the guy and was expecting him to have a bounceback year. Hopefully he can find his way back to the bigs, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I hope he's invested well. Sorry to hear the news, Derrick. Thanks for the good times and the fun personality you brought to the game. Have the surgery and good luck with whatever decision you make after that.

I wish him the best. If he never pitches again he still has memories of being a big league allstar and made some good money in the process. If it helps him sleep at night I hope this injury causes him to believe it may have been the reason why he fell apart. I know I'd rather believe my melt down was injury related instead of just sucking. Even if deep down I knew better.

because some people are so blinded by their hatred of a player that they they are willing to bend reality to feed that contempt. It's scary how personal it can get get for some people.

Russ may I borrow this line and put it in the Yost thread in the future? I think it's relevant in both cases.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived