Brewer Fanatic

Moment of the season so far?

DannoMac21

What's the one moment that stands out in your mind? It can be good, bad, anything.

For me, it's a tie. Braun's home run in St. Louis a few days ago is one of them. And the moment that still gives me the chills (even though we lost) is Branyan's 9th inning, 2 out, game tying HR off Joe Nathan. To throw someone out there like that on pure power, just to give us a little ray of hope, and for it to happen, was just incredible.

What about you guys?

Bill Hall's home run in St. Louis this past week in the 10th inning

Craig Counsell's double to start the 10th on Opening Day in Chicago and the subsequent sac fly by TGJ

Both showed resiliency on the road against division contenders when the team could've folded after blowing 9th inning leads, and both wins could prove to be very important.

I'd also argue for CC striking out the side in the 9th against the Reds two Sundays ago. It just seemed to herald a new era and attitude for the second half of the 2008 season.

I mean, it is hard to top Braunie's recent home runs, though. Prince's bomb against Hamels early on would also have to be up there.

You might not have known this, but I can see into the future

That's why my 20 pack picks fell on the mentioned Branyan HR against the Twins, Sabathia's first start (and 5 standing ovations in the 1st inning) and Sabathia's start against the Reds

I would have to say the Branyan HR was just about the coolest thing in the world, but not "the" moment

I would have to say the collective 4 game sweep of the Cardinals, but I guess that can be tied to the Braun HR

*edit*

The more I think about it, I realize so far it would have to be a 3 word text message i got from a friend "we got Sabathia"

I'll echo two moments listed above:

Pitching - that CC 9th inning thrown vs. the Reds on July 13. A 1-2-3 inning in July that leaves me almost in tears is a big deal.

Hitting - Ryan's home run vs. St. Louis on July 24. Sweeping the Cardinals at Busch was uber-sweet, and might prove significant in the end.

RickieWeeks23's got a point with the Branyan home run, as it brought pure, if fleeting, jubilation to the crowd that night. But since it was not a game winner (not Russell's fault) and not vs. a division rival, I think it falls just short of being "the" moment.

So, Ross, what are your other 20 pack dates? It sounds like we should pencil those in now as being big games.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I actually think *the* moment of the season for me was CC's first start. Sure it was the least sharpest start he's had since he's been here but the gravity of the moment, knowing we're 100% all in and that we acquired the ace that could help bring us to the promised land is pretty special.

Hawing is that Berry Blue Kool-Aid or The Great Bluedini?

Man old Kool Aid rocks. If they brought those back (or Purplesaurus Rex or Sharkleberry Fin) I would be buying and drinking Kool-Aid like I did as a kid all over again.

Okay sorry about that last hijack. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Rp

The Branyan homer was spectacular. The bleachers were going nuts and it was just pure, awesome fan-joy!

Also, May 9 when we took the game in the 9th against the Cards and Isringhausen blew the save. We'd been swept by Houston and Florida successively and came home to play St. Louis. It was a momentum changer and just nail-biting good stuff. We were next to a Cards fan and could totally share his pain, as we were going through the Gagne situation. You just knew that game was big in terms of our place in the standings and the rest of the season.

even though we lost the game, the Branyan homer off Nathan was the closest to pure, unadultered bliss i've ever come at a baseball game. It was absolutely surreal. If you were there, you know EXACTLY what i'm talking about.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Considering all the happy moments of the year, THE MOMENT for me was the 6-5 loss to Arizona after being ahead 5-0 in the 9th. While I'm to old to have something like that affect my life it caused more loss of sleep than any of the great wins.

Archived