Brewer Fanatic

7/28/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's early, we gotta stay postive. It's really the only way we can contribute as fans. That and not selling our tickets to the highest Cubs fan bidder. Everybody keep pulling for 'em.

Okay let me try. Weeks looked slightly less pathetic in his second at bat.

With 2 outs and the 8 and 9 hitters coming up you can't take a chance on one getting by him and going to the wall. Give the guy a break.

If he goes all-out to the ball, he catches it without leaving his feet. Easily.

It looked to me like he misjudged it. While that's a mistake, it's hardly unforgivable.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Ummmmm guys, Hello???? This is Ted Lilly you are facing, not Cy Young. Please stop making him look like he's good. They are playing like they don't even care. It's the biggest series you will play all season, pull your heads out of your butts please!!

Actually rather than looking like they don't care, they look to me like they're pressing. Tonight they have that look they had so often in July and August when the pressure put on by the Cubs was just too much for a team that hadn't been through it before. At some point, today, tommorow, next week, or next year they'll realize they're as good as any team in baseball. What we need is for a couple of hits to fall in, catch a break or two. A comeback win just might be what the doctor ordered. I think this thing will turn when we get a hit with a runner in scoring position.

That play by JJ right there is a nice start.

Archived