Brewer Fanatic

7/28/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Channeling Major League: CC, I only got one thing to say to you...strike those Cubs out.

Seriously, I mean it...strike them all out.

Go Crew!!!

Formerly ricoswab

I don't care if Kendall doesn't get a hit the rest of the season, I'll take him ANY day behind the plate. Rivera isn't half of what Kendall is when he's back there, even if he is a good hitter.

Sometimes I wish Yost would use Rivera as a pinch hitter, but I suppose that'd be somewhat tough since we don't have another catcher on the roster.

Yeah, it seems to me both sides are preparing for the worst. Hopefully the Brewers can get to Lilly early and take the momentum from there. They say momentum is only as good as your starting pitcher the next day, but the Brewers have a couple pretty good starters going the next couple days. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

When my Grandfather watches the Packers, he records the game and only watches if they end up winning, lest his blood pressure skyrockets.

I'm a young guy with no history of heart attack, stroke, etc., but I might need to do the same thing this week.

Definitely if I get the Casper feed.

Does anyone else get the feeling Jason Kendall might prove to be the BIGGEST thing going for the Crew in this series?? Obviously, I am not talking offensively, but defensively, and more specifically, his intimate knowledge of the Cubs hitters and their strengths and weaknesses. He has always called a good game, but against a team he is incredibly familiar with, I am guessing he will know EXACTLY what pitches to call and in what locations. The Brewers Pitchers will just have to hit those spots.

Does anyone else get the feeling Jason Kendall might prove to be the BIGGEST thing going for the Crew in this series?? Obviously, I am not talking offensively, but defensively, and more specifically, his intimate knowledge of the Cubs hitters and their strengths and weaknesses. He has always called a good game, but against a team he is incredibly familiar with, I am guessing he will know EXACTLY what pitches to call and in what locations. The Brewers Pitchers will just have to hit those spots.

Honestly, I think scouting reports are so good these days that knowledge of Cubs hitters strengths and weaknesses are well known. Maybe he would be able to help the hitters with how to hit Cubs pitching, but even then, I think it would be pretty negligible.

Well this start kinda sucks. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Hopefully Sabathia can get out of it only down 1, but he's been getting knocked around pretty good so far.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived