Brewer Fanatic

7/28/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game is as much on Hall as Weeks, sorry but he blew the play at 3B that led to those runs and that swing was just horrible.

That play led to the insignificant 6th run. No way Hall sucked as bad as Rickie today. Rickie wins that award hands down.

This game is as much on Hall as Weeks, sorry but he blew the play at 3B that led to those runs and that swing was just horrible.

That play led to the insignificant 6th run. No way Hall sucked as bad as Rickie today. Rickie wins that award hands down.

If Hall covers 3rd like he should have the Weeks overthrow doesn't mean anything as it is the 3rd out.

I'm probably going to need to avoid visiting here tomorrow until gametime, otherwise I'm just going to find more things to be grumpy about. I'll stick to being mad at Weeks and call it a night.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Moneyball,

I'm sure you are a generous person who donates time and money to worthy causes. That said, I don't think you can argue that blindly selling to the highest bidder isn't selling out in this case. You could simply not blindly sell them. It's your choice not to do so. Others will criticize that choice. My father in law has Packer season tix. It's a differnt situation with the numver of games, but sees it as his responsibility to make sure those tix get into the hands he wants them in. He could probably finance his tix just by selling a few blindly each year. He just doesn't do it because the money isn't worth it to him. Opinions on this will vary.

I'm just worried that these few mistakes are indications that they were playing tight. On the other hand, if they continue to experience big games like this now (even if they make a few mistakes), it may benefit us in the long run. Not that we can afford to throw away too many games, but there are still some questions about whether or not this team is "ready" to win big games. Still questionable, but hopefully experience will help. They can still take 3 of 4!!

Man, what a disappointing game. Poorly played all the way around; walks, outs on the bases, and obviously poor defense. Ben needs to even this series up tomorrow. I still can't stand that Miller Park is dominated by Cubs fans. It sounds like they're playing at Wriggly! EERRRRR!!!

Moneyball,

I'm sure you are a generous person who donates time and money to worthy causes. That said, I don't think you can argue that blindly selling to the highest bidder isn't selling out in this case. You could simply not blindly sell them. It's your choice not to do so. Others will criticize that choice. My father in law has Packer season tix. It's a differnt situation with the numver of games, but sees it as his responsibility to make sure those tix get into the hands he wants them in. He could probably finance his tix just by selling a few blindly each year. He just doesn't do it because the money isn't worth it to him. Opinions on this will vary.

Glad to hear you and your father in law are financially independent and can afford to throw tickets away. I guess I'll still sell them and hope there are Brewers fans out there as dedicated as Cubs fans. And I still have no idea if the person buying tomorrow's game is a Cubs fan or a Brewers fan. Coming in from Atlanta for the game and wanted to attend. No one else I know (who I asked) could attend. But I shouldn't have to apologize or justify myself to you. Brewers fans are just as free to pony up the coin as Cubs fans.

Boy way too much negativity over one game. Step back from the ledge people.

It's not just one game. This was the best chance we have out of all 4 games. A loss tomorrow would be devestating. Its harder to take a loss like this when its at Miller Park and there are so many Cub fans there. It's sickening.

This loss doesn't belong to any one players. It belongs to Weeks for the bad throw, it belongs to Hall for not covering 3rd on the steal. It belongs to Sabathia/Kendall for continually throwing balls in the dirt as the cubs never once chased them, it belongs to Torres for not throwing strikes, it belongs to our hitters for chasing crap in the dirt. It belongs to Yost for leaving CC in so long. This was a team loss if I've ever seen one (though hard to blame Braun of course!).

Archived