Brewer Fanatic

7/28/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23
Good to see there are good Cubs fans out there. I seem to get seated next to the drunk, swearing ones in the past when I've been to Crew/Cubs games. A little healthy discussion is good. It's when the trolls of the message boards come out that makes us get the perceptions of Cubs fan we do. Here's to a great series, although I hope the Cubs are ripe for a Braun led thrashing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Go Crew and get to that Cubs pen early and often!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind seeing Hall and Branyan picking up their games a bit, maybe that's just me. Also, if Corey can remember how to hit with RISP, that would be OK.

That being said, I'm looking forward to going "Wow" about CC again tonight.

The presence of Cubs fans here seems to me to be provocative, but whatever. We've been dealing with them long enough to know it's futile to debate their m.o. For instance, I don't go into their message boards, other than to gather the perfume of their pain, and root on the Brewers. Not my place nor is it the place for it. Again, whatever. Their comeuppance is coming.

Maybe we could famish a Cubs fan like they did in the old days. During the NLCS and the World Series, have him shackled in a cage next to Bernie's slide so he can watch, and enter his team's second century of losing while the little hamlet to the north exults in its champions.

Tonight is the overture for what's to come, I promise you.

The best way to keep the Cubs fans silent and keep it civil is to kick the ever loving tar out of the Cubs this series. The Cubs fans won't be able to say a peep because their team got destroyed and the Brewers fan won't say anything because they know all to well what it feels like to get the crap kicked out of you all the time. Plus I am sure the in stand verbage is much more foul when the game is in doubt and every play matters and could effect the outcome.

The presence of Cubs fans here seems to me to be provocative, but whatever. We've been dealing with them long enough to know it's futile to debate their m.o. For instance, I don't go into their message boards, other than to gather the perfume of their pain, and root on the Brewers. Not my place nor is it the place for it. Again, whatever. Their comeuppance is coming.

Maybe we could famish a Cubs fan like they did in the old days. During the NLCS and the World Series, have him shackled in a cage next to Bernie's slide so he can watch, and enter his team's second century of losing while the little hamlet to the north exults in its champions.

What he said! Yeah!

Dude...I've got tears I'm laughing so hard at the thought of that.

These series have typically drawn in the worst 'fans' f both teams - many there primarily to simply make their presence felt more than the others. I stopped going to Brewer-Cubs games a couple seasons ago. Hopefully, as the quality on the field improves, the quality of people enetering the park will improve as well.

I agree with you. I come here not to cheer on the Cubs, but to talk about the game with fans of a different perspective. I post on NSBB and tolerate plenty of Brewers/Cardinals fans there, but I still get riled up when a Brewers fan says "Go Brewers!" on the board even if everything else they say is non-trollish. I'm not here to cheer but to add to the discussion with little to no bias on my end (save for the occasional "devils advocate" type post that goes against conventional thinking). You almost certainly won't find me posting during a game, as I save that emotional talk for NSBB's game thread http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Corey Hart was just on ESPNEWS' "Hot List" to preview the start of the series. Pretty good interview that covered most of the bases when it comes to the Brewers. They talked about the addition of Sabathia since he's pitching tonight, the team's recent hot streak despite hitting something like .170 with RISP, Ryan Braun's hot streak, and his experiences in the All-Star Game. Corey's dry sense of humor came out again...when they asked how the team was doing so well despite not getting "clutch" hitting with RISP, Corey responded by saying "Well, we have this guy named Ryan Braun...you might've heard about him...he likes to help us out."

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Remember Yovani Brewers...

This is the first time we get a little pay back by hopefully wining the series and getting payback the right way. On the field.

Aaah, thanks for that memory. Now I have to also hope that everyone is still healthy and intact by the end of the series. (Even Mota, just because I'm good-hearted deep down inside.)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Good to see there are good Cubs fans out there. I seem to get seated next to the drunk, swearing ones in the past when I've been to Crew/Cubs games. A little healthy discussion is good. It's when the trolls of the message boards come out that makes us get the perceptions of Cubs fan we do. Here's to a great series, although I hope the Cubs are ripe for a Braun led thrashing. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Go Crew and get to that Cubs pen early and often!

Thanks for that, I won't be posting here during the game for obvious reasons. I had been thinking about joining here for a long time but had never bothered to sign up. I am Vanilla Ice on NSBB and thats where I will be posting tonight. I would guess that the Brewers will take this one with the Cubs winning the fourth game. I fully expect Lilly to get shelled today. Also, how has Weeks been doing recently

P.S. diesmitty, whats your name on NSBB?

I thought we may see Prince sit tonight. Lilly is the only lefty we face in the series. Ned has a way about resting guys in big games.

I just want to say something to Weeks, Hall, Hart, and Kendall: Think right field fellas!!!! When they get pull happy, they get in trouble.

I just want to say something to Weeks, Hall, Hart, and Kendall: Think right field fellas!!!! When they get pull happy, they get in trouble.

Too bad we don't have Bill in the dugout. It would be a win/win for everybody. He never shuts up about the opposite field and it annoys me, maybe it annoys them so much they start doing it. The worst thing is they don't listen to Bill and I don't have to listen to him blabber on about the opposite field.

Archived