Brewer Fanatic

7/28/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rickie cannot possibly be starting any more games in this series. Not after this nightmare.

Thank god for 3TO, and hopefully the bullpen can throw up a few zeros and they can pull off a circus act.

I can guarantee that Rickie is one of the hardest working players and probably the most liked player on the team.

What does that have to do with anything? I know some very hard workers and some extremely nice people. They have everyday jobs and do not play professional baseball. I am sure Weeks is really nice...that doesn't mean I want him to be starting on the brewer team I want to make the playoffs.

Nice swing right through a straight fastball, seriously, the perfect spot to use Durham and let him hit lefty against Howry.

You're right here - regardless of that defensive play, why did we just trade for Durham if we're not going to use him as a pinch hitter in the perfect situation??

unfortunately, the Cubs won that inning.

Cubs 3 battles, Brewers 1 battle, 3 ties

But 4-4 on the scoreboard is all that matters.

Man, this has been one HECK of an opening game to this series! Win or lose, I'll be pleased with the overall play.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

You don't bench Weeks in this game. All it does is waste a position player before you need to in a game that could go extras. (One more error probably puts it on "need to"). But you have to think about making adjustments moving forward, at the very least in terms defensive replacemtn in late innings.

Archived