Brewer Fanatic

7/28/08 Cubs (Lilly) at Brewers (Sabathia): 7:05 CDT

wibadgers23
Nice job C.C. and Riske considering they had to get 5 outs! The Crew should send an Christmas card to the Cubs after this year as Weeks, like the Jelly of the Month Club, is the gift that keeps on giving the whole year long.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could be the last time you see Weeks on the field this year in a Brewer uniform.

WOW....I really doubt that. People need to relax, it is the 7th inning. Players are going to make errors.

That wasn't "an error". That was a gutless play. Weeks totally bailed out because he was afraid of getting hit by the baserunner. He let the whole team down, especially CC, and a guy like Yost is not going to let him get away with it.

I hope to god that Ned pinch hits Durham for Weeks to send a message.

Ah. A great message that would send. "One mistake and you're done." Would completely destroy his confidence.

It's an error. Players make errors. Yes, even ones that lost games. Doesn't mean you jettison him immediately, especially since Durham's D is even worse.

Could be the last time you see Weeks on the field this year in a Brewer uniform.

WOW....I really doubt that. People need to relax, it is the 7th inning. Players are going to make errors.

Yep. And players that continue to make errors in critical situations need to be on the bench in critical situations. The nice thing about sports is that it's supposed to be about production, but that rule doesn't seem to apply to professional sports in Wisconsin.

It is to bad we don't have another option for 2nd base. It would be nice to have a guy who hit .290 and had an OBP of .380 there to replace him. O wait..we do. When will Ned wake up?

Ned is part of a group of people that believe Rickie will outplay said option here on out. Comical.

You see Weeks reminds me of this legal assistant that works for me. She has a poor attitude and does poor work, only we are really busy right now and have invested time into training her and so we cant fire her, at least not at the moment. I always say, you can be a poor worker but a joy to be around and keep your job, or be a great worker and be difficult to work with and keep your job. But when you are difficult to work with and you have a poor attitude it is like "why is this person still employed her?"

Same thing with Weeks. He can't hit and he can't field, to make matters worse he plays a semi difficult defensive position and bats leadoff!! Only we have invested a 2nd overall pick in him and lots of time, so we cannot fire him. Just end it already.

That wasn't "an error". That was a gutless play. Weeks totally bailed out because he was afraid of getting hit by the baserunner. He let the whole team down, especially CC, and a guy like Yost is not going to let him get away with it.

He hung in there, he just made a bad throw. He DID take the hit by the baserunner. Sure, said runner distracted him, but I doubt the error had anything to do with cowardice. Remember, Weeks is perennially among the league leaders in HBP.

That was seriously the most poop in your pants moment ever. Richie pooped his pants! Seriously? Easiest turn ever against a guy who leads the NL in DP's.

Come on boys!!!!!! BAIL OUT!

And right now, CC is in the clubhouse pooping in Rickie's locker...

Weeks defense has been much better this year that play nonwithstanding. Durham is a clear downgrade defensively at this point in his career.

Isn't Durham's problem mostly just poor range? I don't think he would butcher so many routine plays. That's where Weeks kills the team.

You see Weeks reminds me of this legal assistant that works for me. She has a poor attitude and does poor work, only we are really busy right now and have invested time into training her and so we cant fire her, at least not at the moment. I always say, you can be a poor worker but a joy to be around and keep your job, or be a great worker and be difficult to work with and keep your job. But when you are difficult to work with and you have a poor attitude it is like "why is this person still employed her?"

Same thing with Weeks. He can't hit and he can't field, to make matters worse he plays a semi difficult defensive position and bats leadoff!! Only we have invested a 2nd overall pick in him and lots of time, so we cannot fire him. Just end it already.

I've never revealed my identity on this board, but I think I'm your legal assistant! And now I'm very offended.... but I'll be back out at 2nd base...err, I mean in the office tomorrow!

You cannot tell me that TGJ wouldn't do at LEAST what Cameron does

This might be the worst post I have ever read on this board (not to be mean or anything)

Everytime I read this board, I wish the song "what have you done for me lately" was playing out of the speakers.

Archived