Brewer Fanatic

07/17/06 Brewers (Jackson) @ Giants (Schmidt) 9:15 CST

UeckerAddict
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Quote:
Second, their mascot unexpectedly jumped out of the dugout and knocked two of the sausages over while they were in full stride.

Something about sausages in full stride brought tears to my eyes.

Rick Helling has done a really nice job tonight. Hopefully they can let him go out there for the 9th and completely save the 'pen for Tomo's return tomorrow.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

That'll be the #1 play on Top Plays tonight.

Bill Hall should have his own highlight reel, lol.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was there too...actually met Mark Attanasio as he walked through the concourse on the 1st level with his wife and kids. Shook his hand, and he asked me why I wasn't wearing any Brewers stuff. Guess I should have been. Won't make that mistake again. He was very friendly, his wife actually talked to me as well. Great night and a great game!

Quote:
Even if he struggles, I would rather watch him struggle than Rick Helling.

Rick Helling is going to be a Bullpen guy(his sub 2 ERA in relief makes me think so anyways). There is no doubt in my mind about that. However, i think Zachjack is going back to Nashville. With Ohka coming back, i don't think the Brewers really have a need for Zach right now. Even if we do, i think Carlos V is the 1st option out of the minors.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

If the Brewers win today (Tue) they'll be in 3rd place in the wildcard standings and between 2.5 and 3.5 out. That's pretty wild considering the Brewers are currently 2 games under .500 and have been outscored for the season by 68 runs.

Quote:
I love watching Zach Jackson pitch. I really hope he stays on as the 5th starter.

In favor of who? As of next week, our 5 starters are Sheets, Capuanao, Davis, Bush, and Ohka.

What an effort by Jackson pitched his Best Game Last Night.

But the Big Props is for Heling what a job he did last night especially with the Bases loaded and 0 outs.It amazing what this team can do when the play good defense timely Hitting and good pitching.if they were this constant the rest of the year they we be fine.

also Kudos to Bill Hall and Prince for a very good game

and it was nice to see the Arm on Gross last night

Also nice seeing our back up catcher putting a charge into the ball.

Quote:
There is simply no ability to compete with clubs that have a much worse record than they do...ie. the Pirates, the Phillies, the Brewers.

That from a Giants fan on thier board on mlb.com. Hmm. 46-47 Giants 46-48 Brewers. Much worse record huh?

Fans of all teams say the same things:

* We always lose to crappy teams

* We never score from a leadoff double or with a runner at third with less than 2 out.

* We aren't clutch /leave to many men on base

* Our pitchers can never get a sac bunt down

etc...

It's hard to keep perspective as a fan.

Archived