Brewer Fanatic

Differing perspectives approaching the deadline--LAD, ATL, CIN

obobo55

These three teams are in the big picture all about the same. Dodgers are 1 game under .500, the Reds and Braves are both 5 under. How different their worlds are however, based on the divisions they play in.

1. The Dodgers look at this as an opportunity to make noise. Most of their remaining games are against their own division and they feel they can make hay. Being just 1 game back of the D-backs allows them to think that just one piece may put them into the postseason.
  2. The Braves have a slightly clouded picture. They have a bunch of games remaining in their division as well, which could allow them to make up ground quick. 6 1/2 back in the division with 3 opponents to jump makes it tough to make bold moves, but close enough to discount being a seller.
  3. The Reds have almost no shot at 10 1/2 back and trailing the wildcard by the same number.

Just found it interesting how three teams right around the same level could have completely different thoughts when considering what to do.

It is definitely interesting this year. I would feel bad for the Reds if they weren't in our division. I'm surprised they haven't dealt Ken Griffey yet because there is no way they move up in the division. The Dodgers just made a move for Casey Blake because they needed another bat and I think this and the not "very good" D-backs allow the Dodgers to slide into first place. And I mean "slide" into first.

The Braves are the most intriguing team this year because they have a AAA team w/ Mark Teixiera. I hope they deal him to the Rays because I absolutely love someone else in the Sox/Skanks race. I can't imagine them making a run in the NL East where the Mets are rolling and the Phil's have another MVP canidate and a decent pitching staff. Good luck Braves, but I think your done.

TX is a mess and never seems to have a coherent game plan and accurate assessment of where they stand. "We're rebuil----wait we're gonna try to contend, nope we're actually building for the future, but maybe we'll take a shot". D/FW fans and media are darn fickle, and it seems the team cares too much about this and doesn't do what's in their best long-term interest.

Archived