Brewer Fanatic

07/18/06 Brewers (Ohka) @ Giants (Wright) 9:15pm CST

JoeH33
I really like what Ned's doing with Billy, putting him down in the 7 hole. That way we always have a guy who can drive in runs at the bottom of the order, and his low OBP doesn't hurt quite as much.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why... WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY is Billy trying to take 3rd? A base hit definitely scores him.. Maybe they wanted him to steal 3rd and then were going to pull off a squeeze.. who knows.. but taht was stupid.. now we have Ohka leading off the next inning as well.

I dont necessarily blame Hall there, the #8 was up and they would likely pitch carefully to him anyways, why not take the chance andd get to third in hopes of a flyball somewhere, even if they then walk Miller, at a minimum we clear the pitcher, the donwside of course is getting thrown out, dont like the play but dont hate it either

They were just talking about Robin Yount as part of the AFLAC trivia question. As soon as they showed him on camera, this happened:

Play By Play Guy: "There's Robin."

Color Commentator: (in a very low and focused voice) "Awesome."

Color Commentator: (in a very low and focused voice) "Awesome."

I love San Francisco's announcers. They always seem to know what they're talking about, and they're good for a chuckle once in awhile. I make sure to watch a few of their games on MLB.TV every year.

I don't know how to explain these guys.. They have that loveable idiot tone, but then they are knowledgeable too.

Then there is the fact that i'm very used to hearing them on MVP baseball.

I'm still waiting to hear, "He's so strong, he don't even know his own strength."

Shouse better be designated to face Bonds tonight. Don't wanna see Turnbow at all.

By the way, did anywone think that Turnbow should've gotten some work in the last two nights? He needs to iron a few things out.

Archived