Brewer Fanatic

07/18/06 Brewers (Ohka) @ Giants (Wright) 9:15pm CST

JoeH33

Sorry Invader - I think it's more likely that the moon is, in fact, made of green cheese than that Bonds didn't use steroids. I'll stick to my guns on this one, and if I'm ever proven wrong, Barry can whack me over the head with a Louisville Slugger.

As an aside, taking a cursory look at the Giants' individual numbers, there are a lot of other guys I'd rather see Ohka bean than Bonds.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...when he has never been convicted of it.

This statement reflects my point. Dare I mention OJ?

Don't you think they're sick of hearing about how Bonds did steroids from everyone, especially fans from other teams?

If I was one of the apologists then I would be sick of it. However, I would like to think that I am not that blind, and therefore would welcome the criticism (kind of like the Bad Chad criticism was welcoming to me).

Grand jury testimony states that Bonds said he took steriods but he thought it was something else, flack seed oil or something like that he said he thought it was. So he did take steriods, but we do not know if he lying yet or not.

sheethead,

any way to show what you posted? id be curious to see a little more of that thread as well.

The thread is titled Bonds is a quiet warrior and is in the Giants talk category. I thought I was in the BALCO category, but I was mistaken. That is probably why the admin did not like it. I don't think my post is there anymore, but warrior/hero Bonds is not.

Bonds admitted he took steroids and how some people still don't know this is mind boggling. And you don't take a product called the clear (specially made to avoid detection) for anything but building muscle mass.

Quote:
So he did take steriods, but we do not know if he lying yet or not.

I do! So does anyone who actually chooses to use their brain and the gift of rational thought which seperates us from other animals.

Milwaukee San Francisco --------- ------------- Pos Player HR RBI AVG. Pos Player HR RBI AVG. --- ------ -- --- ---- --- ------ -- --- ---- 2B Weeks, Rickie 8 33 .279 RF Winn, Randy 8 39 .266 3B Cirillo, Jeff 2 13 .331 SS Vizquel, Omar 3 28 .299 RF Jenkins, Geoff 9 53 .268 CF Finley, Steve 5 34 .255 LF Lee, Carlos 26 76 .294 LF Bonds, Barry 13 40 .246 1B Fielder, Prince 17 48 .275 2B Durham, Ray 14 48 .266 CF Gross, Gabe 7 24 .256 3B Feliz, Pedro 15 64 .275 SS Hall, Bill 18 44 .263 1B Sweeney, Mark 5 25 .265 C Miller, Damian 5 28 .263 C Alfonzo, Eliezer 5 14 .274 P Ohka, Tomo (2-1, 3.18 ) P Wright, Jamey (5-8, 5.06) 

Welcome back Tomo Obermueller (you just never know what you are going to get). With the Cardinals, Reds, and Astros losing right now, I am getting that wild card fever back a little bit. This is a great night to capitalize and gain some ground again.

GO BREW CREW.

Lets get this game going, for some reason I have a good feeling about this one even though we are on the road and we are likely facing a cruddy pitcher. I hope they dont dissappointment there is nothing like staying up late to listen to a crew game only for them to lose and me be tired as heck at work the next day. From about 8 to 11 is so much easier the day after a crew win

Anyone remember the Miller Park videoboard routine for the starting lineup when Jamey Wright was a Brewer? They'd show him, Robb Edwards would intone "Number 21, JAMEY WRIGHT" - and Jamey pointed at the screen (like he was pointing at you, the videoboard viewer).

Maybe he was trying to look tough, but that was just goofy.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived