Brewer Fanatic

7/27/08 Astros (Wolf) at Brewers (Suppan): 1:05 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really have a bad feeling we will end Thursday afternoon down 3 games after dropping 3 of 4 to the Cubs.

I would be more positive, but I am a lifelong Brewer fan. You come to expect these things.

The funny thing is the majority of the Cubs fan base is just about thinking the same thing. We're two tortured fanbases that are just waiting for the worst to happen.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Who didn't see the big egg being layed in this series after the 7-0 road trip?? Unfortunately, I sensed it was coming. It's really all about the Cubs series anyway. Win 3 of 4 and no one will care what happened in this Stros series. Then again, if they lose 3-4, everyone will point to this Stros series as the potential downward spiral. Let's just hope CC and Bennie get it done in games 1 & 2 then steal one of the last two.

Looks like pitchleague was right. McClung looks pretty terrible today. I wonder how much it has to do with being thrown into this weird situation...

thank you for confirming what I was seeing. I know that others disagreed with me, while I could see it coming.

Since he isn't used to the relief role again, I'd say it was the weird situation. Who knows, though?

And for those of you lurking or whatever, please see this as proof that you CAN disagree with the mods here without getting banned. I always read how "you can't disagree with a mod at that site or they'll ban you" on brewers.com and other boards. Ridiculous.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Looks like pitchleague was right. McClung looks pretty terrible today. I wonder how much it has to do with being thrown into this weird situation...

thank you for confirming what I was seeing. I know that others disagreed with me, while I could see it coming.

Since he isn't used to the relief role again, I'd say it was the weird situation. Who knows, though?

Oh wait, what was I thinking? It's obviously because the Brewers are playing a home game. Thus, the platoon! But wait, it appears as though even with the platoon, McClung still has to pitch at Miller Park - so what is this accomplishing again? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

This game sucked, The Brewers offense (not named Ryan Braun) can't be trusted right now.

Weeks - duh

Hardy - he is doing solid

Braun - the man

Fielder - regressing back to his rookie year

Hart - slumping, but has been getting a couple hits latley.

Hall - should never be starting against a RH (thanks ned)

Cameron - Really streaky who has had to many cold streaks then hot.

Kendall - yeah

Archived