Brewer Fanatic

7/27/08 Astros (Wolf) at Brewers (Suppan): 1:05 CDT

wibadgers23
nice of Weeks and Braun to show a little patience and get Sampson to work a bit harder. Both swing at the first pitch for outs.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

high inside heat on Blum. Accidental or intentional? hard to tell with McClung.

And then Blum nearly hits his 3rd of the game.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Oh my gosh. Trenni is saying that Ned isn't sure how important it is that the starting pitchers in the platoon are sharp? Or whether or not their starts are even good, as long as "the job is getting done"? What does that even mean? That he expects they won't be sharp or good, but they still hold some magical ability to win in their respective locations regardless?

worst case scenario today is we lose, Cubs win and we go into that series a game back. Pretty much what we expected (or worse) a week ago. Not the end of the world.

I'd still like the comeback victory, though.

In regards to McClung's 7th inning, yeah he got out of it with no runs. But every ball that was hit except for the 3rd out grounder to Weeks was hit hard. Results were better than Suppan but he was hit hard.

. . . .and still is as Pence doubles to start the inning. Frozen Rope.

- - - - - - - - -

Blech, not looking good.

I agree with pitchleague about the worst-case scenario not being the end of the world, but of course I would've preferred to have gone in a game up. That Friday night game burns me more than this one, although I still cannot believe Ned let Soup pitch to Blum there.

In regards to McClung's 7th inning, yeah he got out of it with no runs. But every ball that was hit except for the 3rd out grounder to Weeks was hit hard. Results were better than Suppan but he was hit hard.

How is an infield dribbler and a broken bat single getting hit hard?

Fontenot clears em with a double. Ugh.

I'm pretty sure we're mentally screwed for the next 4 games. We drop 2 of 3 at home blowing a lead, then they come back from 5 down. I don't know how the momentum of Ned's brain fart and the Cubs bats waking up isn't a big deal.

Hopefully CC can be the stopper once again.

How is an infield dribbler and a broken bat single getting hit hard?

Agreed, must keep mcclung in for at least 4 more runs before we get the bullpen up.

Archived