Brewer Fanatic

2008 playoffs.....how crazy would this be?

The way I see the 2008 season playing out...these are my 8 playoff teams

AL

New York Yankees
Chicago White Sox
LA Angels
Boston

NL

New York Mets
Chicago Cubs
LA Dodgers
Milwaukee

How crazy would it be for both NY, LA and Chicago teams to make it with Boston and Milwaukee to round it out. There is no way that all 6 teams from NY, LA and Chicago have ever made it.

boy, that would make Milwaukee winning the World Series even that much more sweet.

Maybe we'd be referred to as "Bushville" like in '57. Although, this time it could mean something extra if, say, Dave Bush, threw a CG shutout to clinch the title or something.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I've been hoping for a Brewers-Rays world series, myself, because then the Brewers' presence might not be treated as a novelty by Fox/ESPN. (Then again, maybe the whole thing would be treated as a novelty. They might not know what the heck to talk about.)

And I am REALLY hoping the Yankees don't make the playoffs, so I won't have to hear about "one more game at Yankee Stadium" or how "this might be the last game at Yankee Stadium" for half the fricking series.

Sometimes I think I'd be happier watching these things with the TV muted.

And I am REALLY hoping the Yankees don't make the playoffs, so I won't have to hear about "one more game at Yankee Stadium" or how "this might be the last game at Yankee Stadium" for half the fricking series.

I want to play the Yankees in the World series so we can see the cocky Ryan Braun call his shot in game 7 ala Babe Ruth, in the house that Ruth built. Yankee fans would be wicked pissed. I was hoping someone in the NL would do it in the all star game. One time in my life I want to witness somebody with the balls to call their shot and skill to follow through.

Edit: Pared back unnecessary part of the quote. - Toby

I want to play the Yankees in the World series so we can see the cocky Ryan Braun call his shot in game 7 ala Babe Ruth, in the house that Ruth built. Yankee fans would be wicked pissed. I was hoping someone in the NL would do it in the all star game. One time in my life I want to witness somebody with the balls to call their shot and skill to follow through.

I would bet my year's salary that if someone really did this in a MLB game (playoffs or not) that he would get drilled with the very next pitch, or at least thrown at high and hard.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I would bet my year's salary that if someone really did this in a MLB game (playoffs or not) that he would get drilled with the very next pitch, or at least thrown at high and hard.

Then maybe the Brewers should do it when the bases are loaded with a full count.

No crap, that would be really annoying. I'm already sick of hearing about that romanticized junk heap this season. There's a reason they're replacing it. I can relate to fans of a team being torn on the construction of a new stadium, but acting like the building itself somehow has magical powers and perseverating on that notion gets old.

Community Moderator

I'm still unsure about the playoffs and I change my mind every week, but for now:

Cubs vs. Arizona

Milwaukee (WC) vs. Philadelphia

LA Angels vs. NY Yankees (WC)

White Sox vs. Boston

I'm not ready to count out the Dodgers, Cardinals (if the Cubs or Brewers fall off), Mets, Tigers, or Rays

No matter what people say, the Rockies, Marlins, Braves, and Twins aren't going to make a run.

The Blue Jays, Rangers, and Reds are all having decent seasons but are not talked about.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if all the NY, Chi, and LA teams make it in, but the odds are kind of slim with all the other good teams still in it.

Sometimes I think I'd be happier watching these things with the TV muted.

I absolutely despise Joe Buck and if I had to hear him love Yankees anymore than I did for 15 innings at the All-star game then . . . I don't even know. Go Uecker!

Archived