Brewer Fanatic

7/26 Non-Brewers Thread

crewcrazy

Cubs/Marlins is currently on WGN for those interested. It's Rich Harden throwing against Marlins rookie Chris Volstad, who's been great in his first few Major League starts -- looks like the Fish have another nice young pitcher.

Harden walked the leadoff man to start the game, then struck out the side. The Marlins are one of the NL leaders in strikeouts, if I remember correctly.

Other meaningful games:

Atlanta (Hampton) @ Philly (Hamels) - 2:55

St. Louis (Piniero) @ New York (Knight) - 6:10

Looks like most of us are stuck with the Red Sox/Yankees game on FOX this afternoon...ugh.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harden struck out 10 through 5 innings again today, but Volstad's pitching very well for the Marlins. I can't say I'm excited to see Harden go nuts against the Brewers to close out the series next week -- how many combined K's between Weeks, Braun, Fielder, Hart, Branyan, and Cameron? 10? 12?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Just to let everybody know, Mike Hampton is starting his first game in 35 months today. I'm gonna assume he doesn't make it out of the 3rd inning.

I'm really hoping he does well. He's had some hard luck and some pretty major injuries. Hopefully he's able to do something.

After listening to the entire Cubs broadcast on the radio yesterday, I wonder if Hughes learned how to pronounce Amezaga's name. Yesterday he kept saying Am-a-zaga. Its pronounced how its spelled Pat. And Santo may just be the dumbest person on the radio. He may not be that way in real life, but he sounds like a complete moron on the radio.

Brenly sounded like an idiot when they were talking about the minor league brawl, and Brenly says, "It's a despicable thing for anything like that to happen, but I'll withhold judgment until I get the full story." HUH???? Like there's a legitimate reason why a pitcher, in a fight, will take a baseball and try to throw a projectile into the opposing teams' dugout? He had intent to hurt someone! That just sounded so stupid and moronic.

Brenly sounded like an idiot when they were talking about the minor league brawl, and Brenly says, "It's a despicable thing for anything like that to happen, but I'll withhold judgment until I get the full story." HUH???? Like there's a legitimate reason why a pitcher, in a fight, will take a baseball and try to throw a projectile into the opposing teams' dugout? He had intent to hurt someone! That just sounded so stupid and moronic.

Maybe Julio Castillo thought he saw a dragon in the dugout and wanted to protect everyone. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif Hey Bob, the full story is all over the internet, including video. Maybe Santo can teach you how to use Google.

Cubs are embarrassing themselves tremendously. Sinatro bumpes the umpire, after a correct call I might add, then Pinella comes out and belly bumps the ump as well. Just a joke...There had better be some suspensions out of this.

Archived