Brewer Fanatic

7/26/08 Astros (Backe) at Brewers (Bush): 6:05 CDT

wibadgers23

You just knew after a 7-0 road trip that they were going to come home and lay an egg didn't you?? I could sense it from a mile away. Granted, this one isn't officially over yet, but when you only have three hits off of Brandon Backe, things are not looking good.

Also, could we petition MLB to NOT allow the Cubs to play and finish any games before the Brewers even start their game?? The crew has been absolutely terrible this year under that scenario. I can think of at least 7 games like that this year where the Crew has already known the results of the Cubs game when their game started, and I am sure there are more then that, and the Crew has lost all 7 of those. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you're saying about the cubs day games followed by our night games.

Hunter Pence is so annoying he could play for the Cards. He has 9 career hits off of us and 4 are HRs, two are 2Bs.

Formerly Andersoc420

These games are really annoying, but I'd actually prefer these games than a game where we're losing 8-10. It is much easier dealing with terrible hitting than terrible pitching.

That said, this is ridiculous. Let's go boys!

Formerly Andersoc420

Pretty much everyone that follows the Brewers on a day-to-day basis knows about Mota's struggles. There are a number of relievers I'd rather see in a two run game. I think it's another example of Yost crossing his fingers, hoping for a good result.

How many scoreless innings in a row will Mota have to pitch for people not to complain when he comes in?

Coming into this appearance, Mota had gone a whole 1.1 innings consecutive innings without allowing a run. In the game before that, he allowed 4 runs and 2 homeruns in 1 inning of work.

You're right, what else does the guy need to do to get some respect!

BTW, he did a great job tonight leaving with 2 runners on. Luckily, Riske just bailed him out.

I'm not saying I am a huge fan of bringing Mota in. The fact is, he is part of the 25 man roster and there will be times that he will be used....obviously more than you like.

I dislike Yost more than anyone I know, but it just gets old to see so much negativity on this board when this team is the best we have had in a long time.

Archived