Brewer Fanatic

7.19.06 Brewers (Davis) @ Giants (Morris) 2:35 PM CST

brewers19
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Words cannot explain my hatred for Derrick Turnblow. How many more times will we have to watch this clown trot out in the 9th to lose the game for us. This guy flat out sucks....enough already. You want to make a statement Ned, send this clown to Triple A and let Wise close. Honestly could he be any worse?

it was a tailor made double play ball, if Turnbow didn't get a glove on it. We would've won. You can't fault his natural reaction to a line drive.

On the other hand, bloop basehit put right in between 4 fielders shifted to prevent such a thing doesn't help. Nor does a high hop grounder that Hall tries to short hop rather than charge and get an out.

Well, we'll get em' this weekend, I hope.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I don't even know what to say anymore.

A 6-1 lead gone *poof* because our offense only collects 2 baserunners past the third inning and pitching can't hold the lead.

It is amazing to me how we find a way to lose on the road, as to where these are games we generally win at home.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Was he actually throwing the breaking ball, or was it a steady diet of fastballs?

It sounded like he was throwing it well early on, and then stopped throwing it after the strikeout.

Part of that has to be on the catchers.... make him throw the damn thing even if he shakes you off.

Not to take the blame off Turnbow, but we had a 6-1 lead after two and a half innings...we shouldn't have had to bring Turnbow in.

But still, Turnbow is in Dan Kolb territory right now. And I don't see Ned trotting Kolb out there in the ninth with a one run lead.

I didn't see the implosion. Was he actually throwing the breaking ball, or was it a steady diet of fastballs?

Well he was looking good right away. Bonds should have been rung up, so that was ugly. The fastball was hitting 98 apparently, and his breaking stuff looked downright nasty against both Bonds and Vizquel. Then the wheels came off. Hall should've been charged with an error on Finley's "double." That was ugly. Tough play, but it needs to be made.

Awful game.

Its just stupid to blame turnbow for the whole season I blame Kolb for sucking capellan for being inconsistent and I blame wise for everbody realizing he isnt that good germy gonzalez sucks why dont we just load up with starters and just have them pitch 5 and 4 inings no bullpen no closers I am now going to kill myself. thank you for your ears and eyes boys.

Today was a failure of the entire pitching staff.

Turnbow's problems can not be considered a slump any more. He is no longer capable of getting 3 outs before the other team scores a run.

Peavey come on. To put Turnbow's problems on the catchers is just ridiculous. The guy can't throw the breaking pitch for a strike and the fastball is either right down the middle or way out of the zone. He simply cannot locate anything he throws. Not to mention that his fastball is as straight as a string. He threw one "good" breaking pitch the entire inning and that was the strikeout on the bunt attempt. The breaking pitch to Bonds wasn't even close to a strike. Bonds was sitting dead red on the fastball and was fooled. He looked embarrassed at the plate.

Quote:
Did the Reds really overpay to solidify their bullpen? I'm not so sure anymore.

Excellent point. You cannot underestimate the importance of a good bullpen. We would be 5-1 on this roadtrip with good pitching from the pen. Hell, we'd be 4-2 if we had a decent closer.

It seems like we are such a young team that we can't stay metally focused for a whole game. When the later innings come around we just break down mentally. Take the outs when you can get them. I know it was a tough hop for Billy but charge the ball and take one when you can get it.

Let me preface this by saying I saw the last inning on MLB extra innings.

First off, Turnbow had Bonds struck out with a curveball at the thigh in the inside half but the ump could not bring himself to ring him up with the crowd standing and howling.

Hall made a horrible play on Finley's bouncer. Got himself in poor postion then made an olay move like he was trying to make the highlight reel.

Could not see what happened on Durham's hit. Looked to me like it should have been an easy double play and the ball is behind Weeks.

I wouldn't put this one on Turnbow. The offense shut down for 6 innings and Davis let them back in the game. Even Bush let a career minor league catcher take him deep.

I think this team is officially dead in the water. When you have the worst bullpen in baseball, there is no way you can compete. Having Sheets and Ohka come back means absolutely nothing. If they throw 7 great innings and then the bullpen blows the game, what difference does it make?

Turnbow is going to set a major league record for being the fastest guy sent down to AAA after pitching in an All-Star game.

I hate baseball. Glad I'm taking the family down to Milwaukee next week. I already promised the kids we're going to a game. We'll probably be the only ones at the game.

First off, Turnbow had Bonds struck out with a curveball at the thigh in the inside half but the ump could not bring himself to ring him up with the crowd standing and howling.

Agreed. It was a really nice pitch on the inside corner. 9 time out of 10 that one is called strike three. Very annoying.

Hall made a horrible play on Finley's bouncer. Got himself in poor postion then made an olay move like he was trying to make the highlight reel.

Double agreed. Hall needs to make that play. The ball was right there, even one out changes the outcome of this game completely.

Argh...that was frustrating.

well i really don"t care what anyone will have to say about this post.This team really S___S .They are no where near a contender and it does not Matter how many games they are Back in the Wild Card Race.They Are not A playoff Caliber Team .They can"t hold big leaads the Closer is a one year

Wonder. Their Fielding is a Joke and they don"t get Clutch Hitting. I think sometimes their Manager is way over his head and clueless. All the fans better hope they move Lee at the Deadline for some young prospects because keeping Lee will do us no Good Period.

Just to let you know I have been a brewer fan since the Early 70"s and maybe it the weather here in NY but after today debacle enough is enough.

To put Turnbow's problems on the catchers is just ridiculous.

Who calls the pitches? When he gets into trouble, the curve disappears. Who's fault is that? Turnbow takes most of the blame, but the catchers have to get him to throw the curve to keep the batters from teeing of on his fastball.

Archived