Brewer Fanatic

7.19.06 Brewers (Davis) @ Giants (Morris) 2:35 PM CST

brewers19

Rivera is Moellery at throwing out runners

On the radio they stated they had the runner out but, Hall dropped the ball. Is that what happened.

Rivera was not known for his arm. Solid bat and good at handling pitchers.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, why did Davis lead off the inning when he's probably going to be yanked after one out in the 7th anyway? Hopefully I'm wrong.

EDIT: Yep. Was that one runner and one out really worth not PHing for Davis in the top of the inning?

Rivera is Moellery at throwing out runners

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ball went off Hall's glove. It was a perfect throw by Rivera, he should have been out by a mile. One more thing, when I reply to someone how come my post doesn't include their previous post on top in italics? Thank You

Quote:
Notice I didn't copy the part about the extension. I just think he's been our 2nd best pitcher this year and people shouldn't be so hard on a guy thats pitched as well as he had over the last couple months. No, we shouldn't resign him, but we should not think we should dump him for whatever we can get.

I never said dump him for whatever. I never even said not to bring him back next season. Offer him arby next year then let him walk.

And he's been our 3rd best pitcher if you are talking about starters only. And since only 3 starters have pitched the whole season, and the other two have been replaced by AA and AAA pitchers, that's not saying much.

And he's been our 3rd best pitcher if you are talking about starters only. And since only 3 starters have pitched the whole season, and the other two have been replaced by AA and AAA pitchers, that's not saying much.

Don't worry Ohka looked decent in his first game back and Sheets is on his way.

One more thing, when I reply to someone how come my post doesn't include their previous post on top in italics? Thank You

You have to do that yourself. Copy the relevant portion, then click the "I" and paste it in.

With Bush in the pen the Brewers have to feel that Sheets will be back for his upcoming start and we do not need to use Bush as a starter this time through the rotation. I am all for it as he need the help in the pen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If my calculations are correct, today is the day is Bush's bullpen day. If that's the case, he's probably available for a inning or two today (his game innings replacing his bullpen session) and can still start on Saturday.

EDIT: Two innings is probably too long. One should be OK tho.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Interesting move, bringing Bush in. Can't say I understand what Ned is thinking.

I imagine that this is Bush's bullpen day anyway, so might as well use him to get two outs.

That, or we have traded for Maddux and he is starting on Saturday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Quote:
Interesting move, bringing Bush in. Can't say I understand what Ned is thinking.

I think the way Ned figures it, Bush probably would have thrown on the side today anyway, so if Bush felt up to it (which obviously he does) Ned would put him in the game instead of having him throw a side session.

That's my guess.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived