Brewer Fanatic

7.19.06 Brewers (Davis) @ Giants (Morris) 2:35 PM CST

brewers19
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had a rough start to the season, but here are his earned runs in his last 8 starts: 2, 3, 3, 0, 3, 2, 7, 1. He had one bad game in there, but he is pitching like the old Davis. He has a 3.71 ERA since the start of June.

thats a quote from the trade rumors page, lets get off of Davis's back, he's done great since June.

Well, we have Zack Jack, Eveland, and Villy possibly contending for spots in the rotation next year. We have Rogers in the future. And Bush may be a keeper. I know we were in talks with Davis over a long-term extension before the season, but I think it may be time to call that off.

Quote:
thats a quote from the trade rumors page, lets get off of Davis's back, he's done great since June.

Really? Tonight's game will probably put him around 4.00 ERA since the start of June. And that's been his best run of the year. He's over 30. You're really interested in looking at an expensive, long-term extension for someone like that?

Morris is mowing through the offense now.

Lets hope Double D can get through a couple scoreless innings and hand the lead off to the bullpen.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Really? Tonight's game will probably put him around 4.00 ERA since the start of June. And that's been his best run of the year. He's over 30. You're really interested in looking at an expensive, long-term extension for someone like that?

Notice I didn't copy the part about the extension. I just think he's been our 2nd best pitcher this year and people shouldn't be so hard on a guy thats pitched as well as he had over the last couple months. No, we shouldn't resign him, but we should not think we should dump him for whatever we can get.

I just think he's been our 2nd best pitcher this year and people shouldn't be so hard on a guy thats pitched as well as he had over the last couple months

Did Dave Bush suddenly leave the Brewers?? I would have to put him as the second best pitcher. I know he was in the top ten for Ks in the NL and was second on the staff in qaulity starts.

Quote:
I never thought I would hear somebody look forward to handing things over the bullpen this season.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking forward to it ... but at the same time I'd rather they blow the lead than Doug if someone has to do it. It would just be another example of how badly we need bullpen help.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived