Brewer Fanatic

7.19.06 Brewers (Davis) @ Giants (Morris) 2:35 PM CST

brewers19
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Turnblow has blown EIGHT games himself. That right there puts us in the lead for the wildcard.

Well guess what, if the Brewers get to turn around some of their losses because if only, so does the rest of the league, and the Brewers would still be right where they are. It doesn't work that way. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a magical Christmas.

We don't have an average bullpen, we have a bad one to go along with an inconsistent offense, and shaky defense. At 4 games below .500 the required results for teh rest of teh season to get to the 85-86 win mark are borderlline impossible - for a good team, let alone the Brewers. That would require a .606 W%. Currently the White Sox, Tigers and Red Sox are at that level or above, with only the Yankees and Mets coming close. We are out of it!

hey sweepscc

well you have an answer for the Poor Hitting and Defense.

maybe the rose colored glasses need to come off this team is not playoff caliber.They can"t put together any form of winning streak.sorry not a personal attack but being a fan over 30 years still don"t see any hope in site.

If anyone has the number of games we've given up the lead after the 7th I'd like to see that figure. I see where you guys are coming from. Our hitting and defense haven't been great (defense b/c of really two guys Weeks and Hall) but the fact remains they have done enough to put us in a situation to win games in the later innings. But when we send in the clowns we've gotten severely burned.

Season is OVER...officially.

And I'm usually the optimist in this room http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Butchy can pack his bags and put his Milwaukee house or condo up for sale anytime he chooses now because changes will be made and without a doubt, he will be the one canned because there was speculation of it even after last season.

I personally would like them to re-evaluate Billy Castro. His duties consist purely of bullpen pitching and that has been one of the weakest dimensions of the team this year. Kolb, Wise, Capellan, Turnbow, Gonzalez...the list goes on and on. You know you're in crappy shape when you're bringing in a starter for relief (David Bush) just 2 days before he's scheduled to take the hill.

Words cannot explain my hatred for Derrick Turnblow. How many more times will we have to watch this clown trot out in the 9th to lose the game for us. This guy flat out sucks....enough already. You want to make a statement Ned, send this clown to Triple A and let Wise close. Honestly could he be any worse?

And words cannot explain what a goofy statement I think this is. Jeez, missed ump call, booted play by Hall, and a winning hit off a glove and Turnbow is a AAA pitcher? Rest of stuff is self edited because I don't want a flame war, but cmon.

If the Brewers score late people want to know why they always fall behind and don't score early. If they score early people complain that they didn't add to the lead and "only" scored 6 runs. It just doesn't make sense.

If the Brewers score late people want to know why they always fall behind and don't score early. If they score early people complain that they didn't add to the lead and "only" scored 6 runs. It just doesn't make sense.

Because that statement pretty much characterizes the Milwaukee Brewers. They're all over the board. One game they're hitting machines and the next they're getting 3 hit by a guy called up freshly from AAA. Day in and day out you have no clue what you're getting from them. As Carlos goes, so goes the Brewers. I can't wait to see all those people who are calling for Lee to be traded reactiong next season when we don't have him. We'll see a ridiculously inconsistent offense and no power whatsoever. You'll be missing him, trust me. Why do you think we traded Po for him in the first place? We needed a RH bat with proven pop and hit for average. Will Corey Hart or Cruz be that guy? Not next year, that's for sure.

Went to the Brewers website to watch the game. I didn't watch or listen to it. I just about spit out my dinner when I read this:

"Davis got the start and worked 6 1/3 innings for the Brewers, and scheduled Saturday starter Dave Bush made a surprise relief appearance in the seventh and eighth" What does that tell you about our bullpen?

The offence does not shutdown after scoring 6 runs, especially when you average under 5.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Quote:
I can't wait to see all those people who are calling for Lee to be traded reactiong next season when we don't have him...You'll be missing him, trust me.

Yes, and the problem will be compounded when he walks away in free agency, leaving the Brewers with nothing but a .500 record and a hole in next season's line-up. I want him traded because I don't believe the Brewers will re-sign him, and having him here this year does no good, as this team is not going to be making a run at the playoffs.

By July 31st he needs to either have a new contract in hand or a different uniform. Regardless of the which one it is, the Brewers also need a $10-20million increase in payroll next year. If they sign Carlos and then cry poor when they can't get pitching help, don't bother signing him, because you're still going to be just a .500 ballclub.

Archived