Brewer Fanatic

Realignment and Expansion

When realignment was discussed for the NL a few years ago, all the talk involved 4 4 team divisions in the NL. That's how they will do it, if both go to 16...it allows rivalries to build and hopefully evolve.

24 games with division foes (3 x 24 = 72)

6 games with other league teams (12 x 6 = 72)

18 interleague

That was the list I recall best. I would assume they'd do the 4 division winners and a couple wildcards.

The biggest complaints would be the teams that lost the Yankees and Red Sox as visitors the most.

The game is so healthy, expansion is just a matter of time, the money is flowing and stadium issues are almost taken care of.

this looks like fun, I want to play

NL North:

Minnesota

Milwauke

Chicago

St Louis

NL South

Cincinnati

Atlanta

Houston

Florida

NL East

Philly

NYM

Pittsburgh

Washington

NL West

LAD

San Diego

San Fransisco

Colorado

AL North

Chicago

Indianapolis

Detroit

Kansas City

AL South

Tampa

Florida

Texas

Houston

AL East

NY

Baltimore

Toronto

Boston

AL West

Portland

LAA

Seattle

Arizona

Geno, I'll poke the holes myself. Glad you liked the idea, but I think you interpreted some things wrong. My plan was for the current playoff format of 4 teams. A lot of people always complained that there wasn't enough of an advantage for the top team, and so many wildcards were moving on.

I came up with this plan a few years ago. I kept it pretty quiet. I figured if I ever ran into Bud, I'd tell him and try to leave my mark on baseball. I posted it in a long thread on the MLB general board a year or two ago, and only a couple of people replied. One guy seemed to take offense that I was ripping on the current format and berated me. The other guy liked the idea.

The farthest I would want the playoffs to expand would be 6 teams, but as I said before, I'd rather not expand the league or the playoffs. My idea was just to give the current top team a little more of an advantage over the low team. I think a problem would arise if the WC and top team are in the same division. Since they don't play each other in round one, you'd give an advantage to one division champ over another division champ. That could be argued unfair.

Get rid of divisions, just use a 16 (14 for the AL) team table per league. League winners play each other in the World Series.

I don't expect anybody to agree with me, but I think it would be cool.

Archived