Brewer Fanatic

Estrada DFA'd by Nats

Dmiles23

Saw him during the Nats/Giants game for a minute yesterday. Migod, he must have added another 20-30 pounds. It was borderline disgusting. I wouldn't want him anywhere near any of the players in the Brewers organization.

I thought the same thing Gobias, he looked like a totally different person in that game. I knew he had put on weight since his days in Atlanta, but it didn't hit home just how much until I saw that game again.

Did anyone watch that Brewers classic they showed over the break where Sheets struck out 18?

Estrada looked like a different person. Probably about 70-80 lbs lighter.

I'm not entirely sure, but my recollection is that Chad Moeller caught that game. Was Estrada with us that season?

Did anyone watch that Brewers classic they showed over the break where Sheets struck out 18?

I'm not entirely sure, but my recollection is that Chad Moeller caught that game. Was Estrada with us that season?

Estrada was playing for the Braves then (and got whiffed by Big Ben more than once that game, if I recall correctly).

Estrada was playing for the Braves then (and got whiffed by Big Ben more than once that game, if I recall correctly).

Of course. Hence his "considerably lighter" ass being in view! I was so focused on Sheets that day, I forgot we were playing against someone!

Will Mota be next? What a trade of crap that was, the Mets were smart to dump Estrada right away.

Believe it or not I think we got the better of that deal. Our crap didn't stink so much--only a lot, compared to something bigger and scarier than that. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny was really the crap-god from the movie Dogma.

He was definitely the last struck-out batter of the day for Ben, and argued with the umpire over some of the calls in his last at-bat.

I don't remember that at all from the original game, but when it was re-run as a Brewers Classic (by which time Carne was a Brewer) it jumped out at me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Especially when dumping his lazy butt for Kendall is one of the biggest upgrades we made/biggest reasons the Crew is improved.

I vote for 'The Estrada Line' as a new way to refer to a .300 OBP. As in, 'Corey Hart needs to stop chasing so many pitches, or his OBP is going to end up below the Estrada line.'

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I vote for 'The Estrada Line' as a new way to refer to a .300 OBP. As in, 'Corey Hart needs to stop chasing so many pitches, or his OBP is going to end up below the Estrada line.'

I like the idea, but it should be 'The Tubby Line'. It's more mean-spirited.

Then:

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72350228.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB08E665179C10B705A40A659CEC4C8CB6

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/72498724.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB389C0B5D13C25E0CA40A659CEC4C8CB6

Now:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/2638141589_70e2e9f7b2.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3037/2638141897_bc75e7a4c0.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3009/2638137165_5554247bf8.jpg?v=0

I just can't imagine being paid good money to play baseball and not keep myself in shape. I could see Estrada looking like that after his playing days were over (which they appear to be), but not while being an active player.
Follow me on Twitter

It is also intersting to see all of the tatoos that he as acquired during his career. I can't imagine being given the talent to play baseball in the majors and then wasting it like that. Is it true that Johnny doesn't know Spanish?

I imagine he knows a little, since most players seem to at least pick up a few bits here and there while playing with Latin players. Gathering what we found out about Johnny last year from teammates, though, he doesn't know enough to carry on a conversation.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived