Brewer Fanatic

7/25/08 Non-Brewers IGT

And That

Games of interest, centrally timed:

1:20 - Florida @ Cubs - J. Johnson (0-0, 3.86) vs. R. Dempster (11-4, 3.05)

6:05 - Atlanta @ Philadelphia - J. Jurrjens (9-5, 3.22) vs. K. Kendrick (8-4, 4.87)

6:10 - Colorado @ Cincinnati - A. Cook (12-6, 3.58) vs. E. Volquez (12-3, 2.49)

6:10 - St. Louis @ Mets - M. Boggs (3-1, 6.59) vs. M. Pelfrey (8-6, 3.81)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know when, but I swear sometime this year Dumpster has to implode.

He is trying to today but the marlins just are not hitting the ball. With Uggla struggling that lineup really is not that good. On a positive Dempster is probably done since his spot is up. That means a worn out bullpen especially with harden and Marquis coming up.

Edit - well I guess lou is leaving dempster out there. He is already at 98 pitches and struggling with his control.

Color me unimpressed with Samardzija. His first K should have been a walk. Gonzalez just missed a fat pitch. And he was pretty wild. If he gets accurate he could be good but I thought he has the potential to be a Turnbow type guy, who throws hard but misses the plate a lot.

He's also being brought up really prematurely. This guy had a 1.60 WHIP in AA....had a couple of decent starts in AAA and now is getting a cup of coffee. What you are seeing is definitely not the finished product. He's not going to be a star, but he will be servicable.

I hate Cubs fans. I hate Cubs announcers. I hate WGN and their stupid new logo. I hate Wrigley Field. I hate the urinal throughs. I hate Zambrano and his stupid nickname. I hate their scrappy middle infielders. I hate Dempster's glove "jazz hands" that he does when he pitches. I hate Alfonso's little hop. I hate the hype that surrounds that team. I hate the fact that they feel they are entitled to winning. I hate "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." I hte Chicago traffic. I hate Lou's fake tirades. I hate the fact that Lee scoops up everything. I hate that Aramis's stupid glasses. I hate Ron Santo's grunting. I hate the fan's reactions to popups. I hate the fact that the Cubs have so many day games. I hate the Wrigley wind that aides their cheap HRs.

I do like Soto tough, he seems ok.

Archived