Brewer Fanatic

Does Brian Anderson not get it?

aracko
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my opinion I understand the superstition factor but that only relates to the players on the field. Not the broadcasters or the fans. We all have little superstitions when it comes to the game. My brother has to sit in the same chair and drink the same drink for home games. He "thinks" it helps.

I do that for Packers games only. I tryed not to in the Philly game, but I quickly became frusterated and went back to it and we won. Hard to argue with 13-3 huh? LOL I know its dumb.

I like Brian much better than Sutton but still would rather have Vasgergian.
Everybody will pale in comparison to MV. He's my hero. I probably would've never dumped the MLB Extra Innings package if the Padres games had been in the package. Good NIGHT now.

Bucky Rules, the Padres' broadcasts are now part of the Extra Innings package.

Back to the no hitter, there's a nice way to dance around this. Jim Paschke and Mike Hegan managed to not say anything directly during the Juan Nieves no-hitter. Viewers were able to tell what was going on.

One way to look at this is that Trenni told us early in the year that one objective of the broadcast is to get us inside the game and help us feel a player's perspective. Well, a player's perspective would certainly be one that downplays the no-hitter.

I know it's coincidence, but after I sent Brewers Live a text message suggesting that Brian be quiet about the no hitter, he didn't say anything else about it. However, he appropriately discussed consecutive hitters not reaching base, CC's pitch count, etc.

In this case, an occasional "No St. Louis Cardinal has reached based since so and so walked in the first inning" would have worked. Certainly, there was no need for an outward fuss.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Eh, it's kinda hard to believe Brian and Bill are two of the best. Must not be too many good baseball guys. I've pretty much only have watched the Brewers, Cubs, and Dbacks broadcasts tho then like Fox and ESPN. All else I have to go on is the Bucks and I think McGlocklin and Paschke are awesome.

It's not so much that Brian is just informatively saying there's a no hitter going on. He just does it in a way to annoy people.

Just for comparison's sake, I would like those of you who don't like Anderson and/or Shroeder to name some guys that you do like, because it seems to me that many of the complaints could be made about announcers, in general. I dunno, it just seems to me that I'm always complaining to myself about what I'm watching on T.V. Even poorly written sitcoms draw my ire. So I guess my point is, that for me, there is an acceptable amount of annoyance on the part of broadcasters.

Although I know it is not popular, my favorite combo was Darin and Bill. Loved 'em and was really bummed when Darin went to Arizona. I really didn't like Brian when he first came on but he is now simply ok. I'll tell ya who I do not like and that is Bremley and the other guy...maybe cuz they are for the Scrubs, but they are the definition of annoying.

So now BA is jinxing other teams, too http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Just mentions during the Brewer/Cub game that John Lackey is two outs away from a no-hitter. I flip over to ESPN (who cut into some poker show) to see for myself, and the next pitch is a basehit.

for reference sake, the Angels guys were all over talking about the no-hitter, in more ways than one, for the final 2 innings plus. It's not just Brian Anderson.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

OK, who'd buy this invention... a DVR-radio audio sync gadget that can delay either broadcast between your DVR and your radio so that you can listen to the broadcaster of choice, i.e., Uecker instead of BA?

Now I just need to invent it.

And if it could be done, who would choose to listen to BA/BS? Would FSN eventually just give up sending an audio feed? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I don't know why, considering how we are always talking about being a small market team, we don't just axe Bill and Brian and use Powell and Uecker on a simulcast? Wouldn't that be cheaper (and way better)?

Uecker would probably be better on TV than radio, since you could still follow the game via the video.

Going back to the original issue, BA is now even jinxing other teams potential no-hitter's. He mentioned one going into the ninth in Boston and naturally it was broken up with one out. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

(fixed code --1992)

Kasper and Brenly were also talking about it on WGN last night. And I'd lay money that the Red Sox announcers were too. So which one of those announcing crews were actually the ones that broke up the no-hitter? Oh wait ... it was probably Marty Brenaman. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

also Daron Sutton and Mark Grace continually mentioned how Doug Davis was throwing a perfect game thru 5 innings. . . . thru 6 innings . . . . etc. until it did get broken up.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived