Brewer Fanatic

Minor League Brawl / Behavior (non-Brewers) About As Bad As It Gets

So the guy hits 2 opponents, tries to hit a 3rd and then nails a fan. Weak.

He really fired the ball that hit the fan too. What a stupid thing to do--he intended to injure someone (likely a player, not a fan) and now he's gonna pay for it.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Former Cub and Padre Carmelo Martinez was filling in for Sandberg, who is in Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies. If you watch that youtube video all the way through, the pitcher that threw the ball into the stands also had to be restrained from taking a bat into the stands to go after fans. The pitcher is looking at some serious charges - felonious assault.

Yikes, I just watched the video. What a joke. So much for taking the family to a fun wholesome sporting event. I have a ton of respect for umpires/officials at any level and am no way defending anything that happened on that field, but I have to believe that the umpires could've controlled some things better earlier in the game. This still is blowing my mind. That's the worst I've seen in baseball. I was surprised to not see any fans on the field.

Seriously, send both teams home for the rest of the year without pay. What a total lack of self control and embarrassment to the sport.

After reading about this, and watching Sports Center's reporting on it, this guy's career should be OVER. No ifs, ands or buts. The ball hit the fan in the forehead. That's pretty serious. I hope the guy is OK. But you don't expect a fastball coming at you while there's a fight on the field. Granted, at a baseball game, you do have to look for foul balls, flying bats, etc. But that's just wrong. The fight itself was over the top, and this guy's actions were sick and despicable.

Archived