Brewer Fanatic

7/21 6:05PM Brewers(Cappy) @ Reds(Ramierz) G.T.

adamb100
Quote:
If there is such a thing as irony we saw it tonight...The relievers that the Reds got "fleeced" in the trade held the Brew bats in check while our pen sunk the ship.

The Reds didn't win because their bullpen held our bats in check. They won because Turnbow sucks.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no offense to anybody, but, even though it is lightning out (monsoon lightning--not the same as midwest lightning) I told myself that if we blew a 2-run lead that I would run a lap around our block in the nude. So off I go. (sorry I took this long, but I forgot about my pact while I was reading stuff.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Exactly. Get off the offense. They scored 5 runs and Cappy had a quality start.

How is it because of the offense that we lost? What would you rather have...score 3 runs in the first inning and then have the bats come alive in the 8th to put 2 more on the board for five runs? Would that be better? Sure, insurance runs would be great...but I'll take 5-0 lead anytime....well...except...with this bullpen....

Just got home and I can't believe it. Why would Yost trot Turnbow out there again? We might as well just let Barnwell close.

Turnbow is horrible. I know the rest of the pen isn't much better but if our closer could just do his job we'd be leading the Wildcard. Unbelievable.

I'm very frustrated at this point. I can honestly say I think most of us would have made better decisions tonite than Yost did. This was a complete meltdown and pretty much cost us any chance we had at any playoff opportunity.

En route to Turnblowing another game, Ned Yost showed me two reasons why he is not an above average manager. The two reasons are 1) Turnbow and 2) Jenkins. I know Ned watches the games, I see him watching the games. So why can't he see the things everyone else sees?

Quote:
Ned Yost showed me two reasons why he is not an above average manager. The two reasons are 1) Turnbow and 2) Jenkins.

I'll give you Jenkins, I don't know why Ned insists on putting him in the 3 spot and not PH'ing for him vs. lefties, but I don't think Ned really has had much of a choice with Turnbow. He just got a multi-year contract to close games, and is the only reliever in the pen who has been able to finish out games. (up until now obviously) I think Ned was somewhat forced to ride Turnbow out until he either broke out of the slump, or absolutely forced Ned to put someone else in that spot.

Verified Member
I'm not piling on Jenkins because I like him in the lineup. One of the most frustrating things of this week=Corey Hart with 0 at bats. He can't even get one during he week?

Archived