Brewer Fanatic

7/21 6:05PM Brewers(Cappy) @ Reds(Ramierz) G.T.

adamb100
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll obviously still watch the games, but I'm wondering how they're every going to win a game again? It just doesn't seem possible right now. They're getting huge leads and still not winning. I know they're obviously going to win again, but right now, I just don't see how.

Maybe that 13 man staff wasn't such a bad idea.

I find it hard to blame Dana too much, he didn't do anything to help himself, but he was left to clean the mess.

Something needs to be done about this bullpen if we even want to be .500 this season.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
Can I point out right here that I was against the 2 year deal for Turnbow right when he got it?

Cool. I'll point out the fact that I was one of the few BF.netters who was irate at the laughably vulnerable bullpen Melvin had assembled coming into this season. It's fun to tbe right ... way better than having a winning team to support.

But hey, "next year's the year" right? I hate this franchise.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Predictable. It's clear this bullpen has been ineffective all July, and Melvin's inactivity to add depth has turned us into a noncontender. There's been no alternative to Turnbow for Yost to use as a closer, even though the Reds caught heat for their trades they are looking a lot smarter than us right now.

I don't want to hear ONE fan say don't give up on the season. We need to trade Lee for a top flite AAA guy and a bullpen guy that can help us next season.

The Brewers are worried they will lose fan base if the trade Lee, but a understanding knowledgable Brewer fan will understand that it wil help this team tremendously.

Sure the bullpen is awful. Turnbow is atrocious. How about that offense though. Where have we heard this story before: Score runs early, sleep for the last 4 or 5 innings.

Remember a few weeks back when the Brewers swept the Reds and we laughed at their crappy bullpen? Who's getting the last laugh?

moof

Some of the blame has to go to the offense for just laying down after scoring some runs. Two games in a row we scored runs early and then pretty much stopped trying to hit after that. But that being said, the bullpen sucks big time.

Let's not go crazy and trade weeks and hall for a couple of bullpen arms. There's more than one season fellas. I've glad I'm not a reds fans who's team has mortgaged the future for a couple of bullpen arms.

When you are most desperate is the worst time to do a deal. Always deal from a position of strength. Most people knew this team wasn't going to win this year anyway. Give Doug an offseason to fill some holes.

Aaaargh! I don't understand how Yost can keep handing the ball to Turnbow in the ninth! It was really heartbreaking to see another game lost in this manner.

My Turnbow bobblehead is now inside the cupboard, facing the wall. I had all I could do to stop myself from smashing it against the wall!

Put it this way...Turnbow has blown 5 saves...all of them losses in the last three weeks. If we win those games like we were supposed to, we would have been on top of the wild card.

I can't imagine one single player killing a team like turnbow has. Yes, we need to be better at adding insurance runs and being fundamentally better but it still comes to the point where a closer needs to do his job.

We now are 5 games under .500. If we would have won the games Turnbow blew, we would be 5 over and sitting pretty. Don't forget, he tried to blow the game against the Reds when Dunn hit a homer in a non-save situation, but Jenkins bailed him out.

it wasnt the offensive. My Gosh people, they had a 5-0 lead plain and simple, but the bullpen blew it. I dont care if we didnt score any runs after that, we lost it by pitching, why doesnt Melvin go out there and find some relief pitching, its just sickening, not a way to celebrate my birthday, July 22.

Quote:
If there is such a thing as irony we saw it tonight...The relievers that the Reds got "fleeced" in the trade held the Brew bats in check while our pen sunk the ship.

No kidding, cruiser. Maybe it's time we stop pretending to know everything around here. Was the Reds move a crippling trade for the franchise, or one of the most courageous, shrewd, and intelligent decisions of the decade? I have no clue anymore.

All I know is, I'm valuing MLB bullpens way more than ever right now.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived