Brewer Fanatic

Brewers' HR's and HR Etiquette: Is the Crew getting too cocky?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All he did was show some emotion. No Big Deal

Showing emotion is clapping to yourself and maybe even letting out a whoop or two as you round the bases with your head down to go high-five your teammates in the dugout.

Flinging your bat, pausing to watch, and then walking into a jog is rubbing the other team's nose in it.

One is classy, the other isn't. If you don't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.

This may be off topic, but I think a pitcher running off the field after the third out is much worse than watching a homerun. A pitcher should walk off the field. Regarding Braun's HR, it was a huge hit given that it put them in the drivers seat for a 4 game sweep on the road against the team chasing them in the playoff race. It's a big hit, it cleared the wall, go ahead and watch it. It's nice to see the Brewers making these plays for a change.
You may run like Mays...

Definitely out of line. Fake the humility if you have to, but have enough respect for the game and the other players to put your head down and act like you've done it before. To me, it's embarassing behavior. It's despicable by Aram, Zambrano, or whoemever else, and it's equally awful when one of our guys does it. Having no class is having no class.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

All he did was show some emotion. No Big Deal

Showing emotion is clapping to yourself and maybe even letting out a whoop or two as you round the bases with your head down to go high-five your teammates in the dugout.

Flinging your bat, pausing to watch, and then walking into a jog is rubbing the other team's nose in it.

One is classy, the other isn't. If you don't see the difference I don't know what to tell you.

Since when is it up to you to decide the Difference? All he did was show emotion.

If you dont like it dont watch him them.

Since when is it up to you to decide the Difference? All he did was show emotion.

If you dont like it dont watch him them.

You don't get it. That's fine. I just hope you never coach my kid in Little League.

He gets it, his opinion is just different than yours. Just because you have an opinion does not make it a universal one. Sorry.

For the most part, I don't think the Brewers have a problem with staring at their home runs. Braun is the one that gets accused of it the most often, but the only times it's really noticeable is when he hits a big one, like tonight's go-head HR or that 3-run bomb he hit off Lidge with 2 outs in Houston last year. Most of the other times, he looks at it long enough to know it's gone, and it seems like he makes his way around the bases a lot quicker than most other players do. Hall tends to do it a lot, too, but a part of it is his swing makes it hard for him to get out of the box quickly since he has such a big follow-through. Prince really only watches his shots when he's falling back on his back foot. Hardy usually watches his shots while running down the line at the same time. Same with Hart, since he doesn't have many booming blasts. I don't know who else opposing fans could accuse of "showboating" when they come up with a big hit...Cameron maybe, since he has a tendency to just drop his bat in the batter's box when he knows he gets a hold of one.

I never had a problem with established guys watching their home runs a little bit -- I think Braun's earned that right by now, considering the ridiculous pace at which he's hitting his home runs. I was surprised that Braun's shot was only a few rows deep, but it was also to one of the deepest parts of the park, if I remember correctly. Ryan Ludwick hit one off Jeff Suppan a couple nights ago that was only a few rows deeper and apparently it was ruled the longest HR in the history of Busch III. It wasn't as deep as Braun made it look, but it wasn't a wall-scraper, either.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Its not little league. They are the big boys.

And, what, that means it's OK for etiquette and class to go out the window?

No it means your little comment about coaching your son in little league has nothing to do with this

Don't get too far down. There's a difference between this team and that team. This one is actually very good.

It was nothing more than a temporary bad flashback. Kinda like watching a "Three's Company" rerun. I'm all better now.

I just watched the video of the home run and I did like how Braun watched it. I wish he would have just trotted around the bases. I don't like it when Hall does it either. I like how Hardy and Hart hit it and just run, but I am old-fashioned. That being said part of what I like about Braun is his swagger, he just needs to be ready to get hit in the back with a pitch the next time we face the Cards.

I don't know why people get up in arms about this.

Bingo. Honestly, who cares? We get a topic like this everytime one of our players admires a homer. It's not against the rules, so it's okay by me.

Archived