Brewer Fanatic

Brewers' HR's and HR Etiquette: Is the Crew getting too cocky?

Any team/player who gets cocky with a half game lead in the wild card race is just stupid. If you're not good enough to get your team in the playoffs, you're not good enough to watch your taters. And last time I looked these guys, as a team, haven't gotten to a playoff yet.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't really care about either, but there is a significant difference between Braun's HR and Prince's. Prince hit a 430 ft no-doubter, Braun cleared the fence by about 10 feet. On top of that, Prince was brushed back twice before his hit.

That said, I don't really care what someone does as long as it doesn't hurt the team on the field. If you stare at it, it better be gone. As long as Braun/Prince/whoever actually hits the home run and not off the wall, then I don't care. In fact, I kinda like it when they admire the ball a little bit.

Braun cleared the fence by about 10 feet.

Braun's was about six rows back. It went out by way more than 10 feet, that's for sure. It was just a terrible camera angle and it didn't help that people in the first row acted like they were going to catch it.

Given the previous days action and the two brush back fastballs, that home run was the best of the year, imo. The reaction was a perfect slap in the face to the pitcher and on the very next pitch nonetheless. Prince could have taken the bullpen car around the bases and it still would have been appropriate.

The reaction was a perfect slap in the face to the pitcher and on the very next pitch nonetheless

Actually it was two pitches later, the very next pitch he laid off a high fastball that didn't try to give him sweet chin music. However, I completely agree - the reaction was perfect. After those two pitches, I was seriously in awe when that pitch hit the bat.

Found this on a the Post-Dispatch forums as someone's sig. It will be interesting if the Cardinals hold the same grudge part of their fan base does. Every time I look over there, there is some discussion about Braun and Hall.

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff333/timolszewski/drillbill.jpg

Found this on a the Post-Dispatch forums as someone's sig. It will be interesting if the Cardinals hold the same grudge part of their fan base does. Every time I look over there, there is some discussion about Braun and Hall.

This coming from a fanbase that cheers for Albert "I stand in the batters box until the fans throw the ball back on the field after my home runs before providing the most disdainful batflip in baseball. Then I run." Pujols

This coming from a fanbase that cheers for Albert "I stand in the batters box until the fans throw the ball back on the field after my home runs before providing the most disdainful batflip in baseball. Then I run." Pujols

I've seen that brought up. But it's kind of like telling a certain segment of Packer fans that Brett Favre might not be God in a jersey. Except worse.

That Drill Bill pic is actually kinda funny..it'd be better if it wasn't made in Microsoft Paint, though. I don't think Hall showed up the Cards on either of his go-ahead HR's, though -- he's always had a long follow-through to his swing. I think a lot of Cards fans had a problem with Bill spitting out his tobacco juice when he put his head down, but they make it seem like he used Pujols' foot as a spittoon. I think LaRussa's too smart to risk throwing at Hall when everyone is expecting it and the Cards still have something to lose. If they're well out of the race the next time they meet up with the Brewers, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see something happen. At the very least he'll bait Ned into doing something stupid again.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Back to the original question...

Yes, the Brewers are too cocky. If there were a harder throwing pitcher on the mound last night, Prince would have been drilled, rightfully so, after hitting the HR.

The Brewers are headed for the playoffs. Its a nice accomplishment for the franchise after 26 years. But the way they admire and strut and watch HR's, if they dont win the World Series this year, it makes them look like amateurs. Total Bush League.

I laughed pretty hard last night on Prince's 'glance' -- I definitely took it to mean, 'Aw, he did NOT just throw me that pitch, did he?'

Anyone that's watched Prince over his career knows that when he connects with that chest-high FB, it goes a looooong way. I think Rock may have had a point last night too when he guessed that maybe Prince had called in the dugout that he was going to mash one out there.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Anyone trashing the Brewers should look at Sorimano. What a complete tool. The ball hit the bottom of the wall and stood watching it like he hit a tape measure bomb. Lou didn't even bench the turd.

This is one of the reasons I can't stand to Cubs and would root for aliens to annihilate them.

Anyone trashing the Brewers should look at Sorimano. What a complete tool. The ball hit the bottom of the wall and stood watching it like he hit a tape measure bomb. Lou didn't even bench the turd.

This is one of the reasons I can't stand to Cubs and would root for aliens to annihilate them.

Sad thing is that he did it again in the second game, at least this time he got to second, I wonder who is running the Cubs...the players or Lou?

Archived