Brewer Fanatic

Is this the biggest weekend for the Crew?

I don't think it is the biggest weekend in terms of any races or the playoffs but I am going off a radio poll that was presented last night on ESPN radio.

The Green Bay Packers start training camp officially Monday for the first official practice and the Milwaukee Brewers open their quote on quote biggest series of the season against the Chicago Cubs. Do the Brewers need to come home this weekend and make a statement to remain relevant in the sports media and which is the biggest story Monday night?

I was shocked that of the 20 people polled, 19 of them said the Green Bay Packers were the bigger story. That just shocks me considering the position the Brewers are in and the moves they made that the people and going against the team they are chasing would be back seat to anyone. I understand if it was a Sunday and the Packers were playing a real game but training camp.

What are you more excited about and is this a crucial weekend for the Brewers?

are you kidding? They pack Lambeau Field for a stupid intra-squad scrimmage every year. Packed! They have to turn people away.

The Brewers will not be a "big deal" in polls until at least September and probably not even until the Opening Day of football season is over.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

are you kidding? They pack Lambeau Field for a stupid intra-squad scrimmage every year. Packed! They have to turn people away.

The Brewers will not be a "big deal" in polls until at least September and probably not even until the Opening Day of football season is over.

I understand that, and I am a Packers fan. But Brewers/Cubs. I figured it would get some major play as long as Favre doesn't show up.

it'll definitely take at least a solid playoff run for the Brewers to really start showing up in polls vs. the Packers. if the Bucks were making a playoff run, would anybody notice?

if the Bucks were making a playoff run, would anybody notice?

Mostly only people in or around the area of Milwaukee would know a lot about it. I remember when the Bucks made it to the Eastern Conference Finals one year and there was very little to no coverage near the Green Bay area. I was living near the Green Bay area when the Bucks were making their run on the Finals and there was little to no coverage on the Bucks. The sporting news was mostly about the Packers and their up coming season and very little on the Brewers also. It doesn't help also when all of the stations up there have some of the worst sports and news anchors I have ever seen.

Most people I know are following both the Brewers and the Favre story. This isn't really an either / or situation where you can only pick one and not the other, so I disagree with the premise of this thread.

As far as a poll goes, if it is not scientific it means nothing. You need random samples to make it more legitimate. Most of the baseball fans I know prefer WSSP anyway, and so there is an inherent bias in sampling.

At this point, I care more about the Brewers than the Packers. Part of it has to do with the Favre idiocy, but that's another story. I've been a Brewer fan longer than a Packer fan, and I love baseball, so I definitely want to see the Brewers do well.

Archived