Brewer Fanatic

Turnbow to Arizona for tests

Turnbow heads to Phoenix for tests

I guess it was only a matter of time for this. He was walking batters like crazy in Nashville, and I'm afraid to say they we probably won't ever see Turnbow again in a Brewers uniform. Hopefully I'm wrong, and he makes a recovery.

My suspicion is that the injury has to do with his violent delivery. He always was a max effort pitcher.

(reapplied old thread title; it was clearer --1992)

It always seemed he never had good control, he was just "effectively wild". I am sure he will end up on a major league diamond again, there are enough teams out there willing to take a chance.

To paraphrase BtA, if Guillermo Mota can find work, Turnbow can find work.

Turnbow is so messed up right now, he makes Mota look like Warren Spahn. The amazing part about Turnbow is that he actually had some success at the MLB level. 1+ seasons as a closer and a 2006 All Star appearance is pretty great for a guy with his command. I don't think he'll make it to the majors again however.

I'm afraid to say they we probably won't ever see Turnbow again in a Brewers uniform. Hopefully I'm wrong

Was this supposed to be in blue?

Sending him to AZ to run tests on his arm will get them nowhere. Run some tests on his ten-cent head.

Archived