Brewer Fanatic

C.C.Sabathia

Do we have any chance at all of keeping C.C.after this year?My goodness,he fits this team like a glove.We are like a different team since he came over.In fact i think we are the best team in the nl right now,thanks in large part to Sabathia.

I would say OPTIMISTICALLY we have a 2% chance of keeping him. Sheets....25%. We are in the same position as the Packers were a few years ago when they had Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle. They have to keep one of them, and you would assume it will be the player who has been with your team longer and would theoretically require a smaller (as in Prince Fielder is smaller than CC) deal. But if some team steps in with ridiculous money for both of them, we will have to resign ourselves to our memories and say au revoir. Here's hoping one of the two is donning Brewer blue at next year's ASB. If not, then they better have two of Prince/Hart/Weeks/Yo signed long term with the money.

I would say OPTIMISTICALLY we have a 2% chance of keeping him. Sheets....25%. We are in the same position as the Packers were a few years ago when they had Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle. They have to keep one of them, and you would assume it will be the player who has been with your team longer and would theoretically require a smaller (as in Prince Fielder is smaller than CC) deal. But if some team steps in with ridiculous money for both of them, we will have to resign ourselves to our memories and say au revoir. Here's hoping one of the two is donning Brewer blue at next year's ASB. If not, then they better have two of Prince/Hart/Weeks/Yo signed long term with the money.

To be fair I'm pretty sure Thompson released Wahle because he was due too much money and we couldn't afford to pay it because of the Salary cap hell we were in under Sherman but that is a different sport for a different forum.

As for CC and Sheets, unless Sheets takes a discount we have very little chance of signing either. I'm just enjoying them both while they are here. Winning the World Series may increase the odds of bringing Sheets back and allowing him to retire a Brewer and stay on a young competitive team. The plus side is that we can pitch both of them until their arms fall off as we probably won't be seeing them in a brewer uni next year anyway.

Archived