Brewer Fanatic

7/24/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cardinals (Wellemeyer): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
Hart looks like he is swinging for the fences now. He should have slapped it the other way. It's so clear the Cardinals are working the corners and the Brewers are just not making adjustments.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corey Hart's game: just for the snapshot impaired:

1st: 2 outs - runners on 1, 2... SS ground-out

4th: 1 out - runners on 1, 2... 3B ground-out double play

bot 4th: error on routine single scores Cardinal 3rd run

5th: 1 out - bases loaded... 2B ground-out (with a lot of english) ekes out fielder's choice RBI

7th: 1 out - runners on 1, 2... SS ground-out double play

Good lord.

This guy was an all-star?

Yes.

Christ, enough of this crap. He hasn't been playing well the last few games. So what? Sometimes guys go through slumps. It's disappointing that he made an error and has been struggling at the plate, but I bet we could find one, two, and three week stretches when other good players don't do so well, too (Aramis Ramirez to the white courtesy phone, Aramis Ramirez to the white courtesy phone).

Just not their night I'm afraid. You had to figure a sweep was going to be next to impossible. Who can complain about a 6-1 road trip??? Just really unfortunate they had to lose the last one on a night the Cubs win though. Oh well, 2 GB.....I want to be tied or within 1 starting Monday so it's set up well.

Everything that could of gone bad in this game has gone bad for the Brewers..

1. Sheets not pitching well.

2. Double that bounces over the head of hall.

3. Ludwick diving catch with bases loaded.

4. Hall smoking one up the middle only to be caught by the pitcher.

5. Hart's Error

6. Hart's 2 double plays.

7. Not getting a hit with RISP.

And we are only down 1, and we are about to take 6 out of 7 on the road. Amazing.

We better get this game in tonight. I expect a huge night from Sheets and a good debut for Ray Ray.

Let's not get too high. I'd love to see the Brewers win tonight. But we have taken six straight on the road and three of four so far from StL. This is still a very good team they're playing tonight.

I completely agree, but I really feel good about this game. I'm not going to use the reverse jinx until later in the game.

There is no way we win this game...
Formerly Andersoc420

Everything that could of gone bad in this game has gone bad for the Brewers..

1. Sheets not pitching well.

2. Double that bounces over the head of hall.

3. Ludwick diving catch with bases loaded.

4. Hall smoking one up the middle only to be caught by the pitcher.

5. Hart's Error

6. Hart's 2 double plays.

7. Not getting a hit with RISP.

And we are only down 1, and we are about to take 6 out of 7 on the road. Amazing.

Archived