Brewer Fanatic

7/24/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cardinals (Wellemeyer): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
The Brewers offense as actually been pretty putrid this series. If the lose this game they were still very lucky to have won three of four.

truer words have never been spoken. It would only seem bad because the last game would be freshest in our minds. Their hitting with RISP is brutal right now

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is going on with Corey Hart?

He simply doesn't take enough pitches

Fans get on Braun for his lack of patience, but Hart isn't any better. You have a pitcher walking guys left and right, Hart has the count 1-0 and he swings at a slider off the plate.

That's why his career numbers have been so abysmal with the bases loaded. Every time he comes up in those situations he's trying to be a hero and swinging at pitches 2 feet off the plate. Not difficult for a pitcher to retire such an impatient hitter. Corey Hart: He's strug-gul-ling.

The Brewers offense as actually been pretty putrid this series. If the lose this game they were still very lucky to have won three of four.

truer words have never been spoken. It would only seem bad because the last game would be freshest in our minds. Their hitting with RISP is brutal right now

We have faced pretty decent pitching so far on this road trip as well.

I am starting to wonder about Hart's long term success.

I've always argued that I don't worry too much about Braun's OBP - as his slugging compensates so nicely.

Hart also has a poor OBP - but he isn't ever going to slug .600.

Plus, even in a small sample size - Hart is batting under .150 with bases loaded in his career?!?

Could you imagine a game where Counsel AND Kendall homer? That is sort of what is going on in Chicago.

Blanco's numbers this year are better than I would have every predicted.

Formerly Andersoc420

I'm not concerned with Hart long term. He is just in a slump right now.

agreed. the panic button is pushed way too often here. 7 game winning streak. some guys hot. some guys not. take it easy on hart. he'll turn it around.

Wonder how many runs we would have right now if the red hot Weeks was in the line-up? Especially with the nights Hardy and Braun are having.

Yes. I liked the Durham trade. But in this series Weeks was getting on base and hitting the ball pretty well. But, look at last night. Weeks

Hardy and Braun were on base all night long and they only scored three runs. The team just isn't delivering the big hit with men on base right now.

small sample....but I already miss Weeks. Way to take him out of the top spot Yost. You are a real man of genius, skipper.

Give it a break dude, seven game road winning streak. Yost was at the helm for those games too.

Wonder how many runs we would have right now if the red hot Weeks was in the line-up? Especially with the nights Hardy and Braun are having.

um... this uninspired, inept 0 - 4 is pretty hard to swallow considering Rickie's 6 - 13 tear "seeing this ballpark". especially given rickie's streaky nature.

Archived