Brewer Fanatic

7/24/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cardinals (Wellemeyer): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they'll sit around for forever if it's raining. They could easily schedule a makeup game on August 25 or 28.

Edit: I would want Sheets pitching one more game against STL, so let's hope we could get a game in tonight. And, if we can't get this in tonight, there's a chance Suppan would be pushed back to Monday against the Cubs (no, thank you).

Durham gets the start tonight at 2B, per Haudricourt's blog.

2B Ray Durham

SS JJ Hardy

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

RF Corey Hart

3B Bill Hall

CF Mike Cameron

C Jason Kendall

P Ben Sheets

i hope this isn't the kiss of death, but this was nice to read this afternoon:

Floyd (Los Angeles, CA): Who are your current faves to reach the WS?

Jerry Crasnick: Floyd, Well, I picked the Tigers to beat the Mets in the WS during spring training. That doesn't look too likely. At this very moment, Boston and Milwaukee seem like a reasonable pairing. But check back with me in about two weeks.

5pm Isolated T-Storms

75°F

84°F 30% Chance of Rain 66°F 54% From SE 7 mph

6pm Few Showers

74°F

74°F 30% Chance of Rain 65°F 58% From SSE 7 mph

7pm Few Showers

73°F

73°F 30% CHance of Rain 65°F 62% From SSE 8 mph

8pm Few Showers

72°F

72°F 30% Chance of Rain66°F 69% From SSE 7 mph

9pm Scattered T-Storms

70°F

70°F 40% Chance of Rain66°F 73% From SE 7 mph

10pm Scattered T-Storms

70°F

70°F 40% Chance of Rain 67°F 79% From SE 7 mph

I say we get this one in but their will probably be a delay or 2 at some point. I hope we get delayed for about an hour in the 3rd inning forcing LaRussa to use his wreched bullpen while we bring in Villy

If there's a huge delay can we go to Bush, or is it too late to pitch him and have him make his next start?
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

I hope we get delayed for about an hour in the 3rd inning forcing LaRussa to use his wreched bullpen while we bring in Villy

See, I thought you were gonna say...I hope we get delayed for about an hr in the 3rd inning forcing LaRussa to drink to kill the time..leading to hilarious consequences.

I agreed to go to Germanfest tonight, not looking at the schedule ahead of time thinking it was a day game with it being the last game in the series. Unfortunetly it ended up being a night game-DRAT!! I'm all for a rain delay as long as they get the game in sometime tonight. Then I'll still get to see most of it.

If there's a huge delay can we go to Bush, or is it too late to pitch him and have him make his next start?

The last paragraph from this Brewer's article has Bush unavailable since last night (but McClung should be ready to help if needed).

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080722&content_id=3175228&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

Sheets hasn't had a good outing (for him) in a month now. Not sure how I feel about this one... I'll be very encouraged if Sheets doesn't get hit hard, but I don't have a great feeling.
I don't know about that. He looked pretty good in the all star game.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I hope we get delayed for about an hour in the 3rd inning forcing LaRussa to use his wreched bullpen while we bring in Villy

See, I thought you were gonna say...I hope we get delayed for about an hr in the 3rd inning forcing LaRussa to drink to kill the time..leading to hilarious consequences.

I think the hilarous consequence would be the Cardinals bullpen? I shouldn't really talk thought because its not like our bullpen is all that good either, but hey we have won 7 in a row.

But yeah it would be comic gold to see LaRussa stumbling around in the dugout after a long rain delay. He would probably use all his hitters up and have to use a pitcher to pinch hit in a crucial situation.

Sheets hasn't had a good outing (for him) in a month now. Not sure how I feel about this one... I'll be very encouraged if Sheets doesn't get hit hard, but I don't have a great feeling.
I don't know about that. He looked pretty good in the all star game.

Eh, I might have to nitpick a bit here, mainly because I'm choosing to hold Ben to a fairly high standard which he's set for himself. He threw 42 pitches in two innings and walked two hitters. Now he likely pitched differently knowing he only had two innings, but then again I'm not sure we should take anything from his performance in the ASG anyway.

I think he would've gone longer in that Colorado game if he wasn't so amped up and tried to strike everyone out. He threw a ton of pitches and tired himself out by the 5th inning, and he started to get hit hard. I wouldn't call it a great start, but it wasn't a bad one, either (although the end result of that game really sucked).

I'd like to think he pitched poorly in San Francisco because he was operating on a short rest schedule. I think if there's a good thing you can take away from his subpar start against the Giants, it's that he had his normal good velocity on the fastball and it sounded like the curveball wasn't breaking too bad, either. Ueck and Powell made it sound like it was the control he was struggling with, since he was leaving everything thigh-high. Hopefully a full 4 days off will have him rested enough to get that location back.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived