Brewer Fanatic

7/24/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Cardinals (Wellemeyer): 7:15 CDT

wibadgers23
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my god... BA just announced that this would be 6 wins in the final at-bat against St. Louis this year. Un Freaking Believable.

That might make me feel bad for Cardinal Nation, but I remember 1982 too well; and even this doesn't equal that.

I can think of only two reasons for any empty seats to be acceptable at Friday's game when the Brewers take the field:

1. Fans are still entering MP because the crowd is so large.

2. Every fan is contributing to the standing ovation the Brewers have richly earned (thus their seats are technically empty).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Everyone who is giving Braun a hard time. Just give it a break.

So if the ball was a few feet shorter and he was standing on first on a ball off the wall, you'd be fine with it? That was brutal. He took six steps before he started jogging.

my god... BA just announced that this would be 6 wins in the final at-bat against St. Louis this year. Un Freaking Believable.

What does this even mean? Do they mean the final inning? Technically, you can only win on the final at bat at home.

I think this means that we were down to our last guy, with 2 outs in the 9th (or in extra innings). If that guy is out, we lose, or at least go to the bottom of the 9th (or 10th, or whatever). Kind of a weenie stat, I guess, but it's shocking nonetheless that they've won 6 times against the cards in that fashion. That could have very, very easily gone the other way 6 times. There's a word for that... I think it's "karma".

So if the ball was a few feet shorter and he was standing on first on a ball off the wall, you'd be fine with it? That was brutal. He took six steps before he started jogging.

But it wasnt a few feet shorter so you really have no argument.

Everyone who is giving Braun a hard time. Just give it a break. He is a confident young man, I mean Aaron Miles watched his grand slam for like a hour as well and its Aaron Miles.

Yea it's so wrong to expect players you root for to play the game with some Class... silly us.

CLASS? Seriously? Its a freakin baseball game, give it a break.

Bah, who cares if Braun stared at a home run ball? That's classier than 99 percent of the garbage that goes on in the NBA every time up and down the court. Or 99 percent of what goes on after any big play in the NFL, for that matter. If that's the least classy thing Braun ever does on the field, I can easily live with that.

What does this even mean? Do they mean the final inning? Technically, you can only win on the final at bat at home.

I think this means that we were down to our last guy, with 2 outs in the 9th (or in extra innings). If that guy is out, we lose, or at least go to the bottom of the 9th (or 10th, or whatever). Kind of a weenie stat, I guess, but it's shocking nonetheless that they've won 6 times against the cards in that fashion. That could have very, very easily gone the other way 6 times. There's a word for that... I think it's "karma".

Except there was only one out when Braun hit the jack.

Ok, so since I am overseas I dont get to choose which FSN broadcast to watch, I get whatever the AFN gives us. So, I don't know if there was a FSN WI broadcast, I had to watch the Cardnals broadcast.

THE BEST ... even BETTER than Braun hitting the homer in the 9th was that the Cardnals Broadcasters gave the STL Closer the "Player of the game" nom, and to quote them, " Were giving _____ the Player of the game right now, and forecasting a double play to end the inning."

The VERY NEXT PITCH! Braun hit the homer..... I almost peed myself just listning to the scilence for a couple seconds of the broadcasters!

HHAHAHAHA...

anyways... Go Crew From Korea!

And if, if and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas.. not to belittle the point that the ball was only out by 10 feet or so and it was a huge hot dog move.. everbody does realize that the guy just hit a game winning home run to complete a 7 game road sweep and the 8th straight win against the most likely team to prevent the Brewers from making the playoffs.. sometimes circumstances overwhelm all logical arguments to the point we can all just say.. "Celebrate Good Times, come on!"

Except there was only one out when Braun hit the jack.

You're right. Okay, I have no idea what that "final at bat" thing means. Except that it's awesome.

I can't argue with that.

BTW, In his last 9 plate appearances, Braun is 8 for 8 with a walk. He should have taken a couple more walks in there to increase his OBP.

After this game, I hurried online to buy two seats. There's only a couple left if you want to go. I'm actually really concerned about ticket availability in September...I really want to be a part of this thing.

Some people aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.

I'm not generally one to rip Brewer players. I just know that if I was a Cardinals fan part of me would want to hit about the next 14 hitters. That was not a deep homer at all, and we'd all have been really pissed at Braun if he was stuck on first because of his showboating.

CLASS? Seriously? Its a freakin baseball game, give it a break.

Why would I expect the players I root for to carry themselves any different on the field than off the field in real life? I'm not asking you to believe in the same values I do, by your response I guess you don't believe in and maybe don't practice the concept. That's fine, live your life the way you want, root for your team the way you want. In my opinion many of Braun's HR antics last year were Busch League, and walking to first on a wall scraping HR was Busch League again tonight. I feel very strongly about this and I've benched my own players for similarly misguided efforts as recently as last season.

But it wasnt a few feet shorter so you really have no argument.
More fantastic logic... why hustle when you're winning the run in the top of the 9th? It's one thing to hit an upper deck shot, it's another when the ball just scrapes over the top of the wall, that was no gimme.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'm on the road a lot, so I paid for MLB gameday audio. Tonight, though, I didn't feel like listening to the game, so I just followed it on Gameday. When Braun was up in the 9th, and I saw that little blue dot sitting right in his wheelhouse, I said to myself, as I moved the mouse cursor towards the blue dot, "In play, run(s), In play, run(s), In play, run(s)." When I saw "In play, run(s)," I knew that Braun hit a home run. When "Home Run" flashed on the screen, I jumped up and punched a pillow on my bed about five times. I haven't had so much excitement in a hotel room since Favre threw the 90 yard touchdown to Driver in the NFC championship game.

Then I saw Ryan's home run "watch" on Sportscenter. I loved it! This team has swagger and I think it's great.

Wouldn't it be sweet to sweep the Astros and meet the Cubs on Monday with CC on the mound and free burgers on the line?

I had to explain this one to my wife. She had never heard of the burger prediction by George Webb before. And she was in Appleton in '87!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived