Brewer Fanatic

Is it time we give Bill Hall his apology?

acwilber
Branyan had been strug-gul-ling before Yost demolished the platoon. He was 0-7

0-7... that's an acceptable reason to "demolish the platoon"? Branyan's D is better, and he's a far better option against RHP.

Hall is owed somewhat of an apology.

Again, Hall didn't even have the guts to come out and say he should be traded. He did so through his agent. He is owed no apology. Something tells me the millions of dollars he's owed will do just fine.

I think he should be applauded if anything for not being satisfied with a paycheck like Adrian Beltre probably would.

You mean the Adrian Beltre that's posting a line of .330/.432/.762 in one of the most extreme pitchers' parks in MLB, and playing arguably the best defense at 3B of anyone in MLB?

Read more closely and don't have an agenda.....I alluded to Branyan struggling from the end of June up until now. I just wanted to include that 7 AB stretch and not just limit it to July, because his struggles began a little earlier. The platoon was abandoned recently, not right after June.

Beltre has a .259 BA/.762 OPS, which is below average for a 3rd baseman.

You're projecting what's valuable to you by saying money is all that should be necessary to satisfy Bill Hall.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bernman23 wrote:

Read more closely and don't have an agenda.....I alluded to Branyan struggling from the end of June up until now.

There isn't an agenda except to see the Brewers win. Using stats within any one season is to small of a sample of plate appearances to make any kind of determination on who should be playing. Over their careers Branyan has better stats against RHP than Hall does.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Right, playing in a park that supresses his numbers about as much as any park can, he's been vastly superior to Hall at the plate, and puts Hall to shame in the field. For some reason, you decided to single him out.

You're projecting what's valuable to you by saying money is all that should be necessary to satisfy Bill Hall.

That's ridiculous. Completely taking what I said & manipulating it to fit your agenda.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Anyone who thinks we need to apologize to Hall needs to look at his numbers the last 14 days when he has faced more RHP. .172 BA, .250 OBP, an OPS of .629. He has two hr and 2 RBI's along with striking out 9 times in 32 PA. That is 1K every 3.5PA. His clutch home runs have been great but nothing to make me feel bad for him getting benched. He needs to be platooned in my mind.

Alright. Enough of the feel good story of the summer. Can Ned put the guy who can hit RHP better than my grandma back in the lineup?

Don't you remember how Hall hit a game winning homerun with a pink bat??? And who cares that his OBP is under .290, when he actually gets on it's usually dramatic. Never mind that he is 1 for his last 18, that one hit was a game-winning homerun! He's heating up and he wins ballgames. Branyan is just a loser who hasn't been able to stick with a team.

His OPS is currently 17th among qualified 3B (.765). The 15th 3B by OPS is at .774. Do you really think that 9 points of unadjusted OPS 2/3 of the way through the season qualifies Beltre as below average? I think a more accurate description would be near average.

Beltre's an interesting case. What seems to be holding him down so far is his .689 home OPS & a terrible, horrible, putrid May (.237 OBP/.387 SLG/.625 OPS). He's had an .835 OPS away from Safeco... just a fluky split at this point imo, and as it evens out a bit Beltre would probably climb the ranks overall a bit. That road OPS looks like his road OPS numbers from recent seasons, but I'd expect the home split to climb into the mid or upper 700s
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived