Brewer Fanatic

7/24/2006 Brewers (Davis) vs. Pirates (Duke) 7:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When they walked Miller I thought there was no way Jenkins was going to get an at bat. The only logical reason I can think of to not see Hart there is simply that would only leave Rivera coming off the bench? Still that seemed like a no brainer.

I put in a vote to leave in Wise. In fact, the rest of the season, if a guy pitches a 1-2-3 inning in the 8th, leave him in for the 9th. Maybe the Brewers could start a trend around baseball by leaving in a hot pitcher instead of overmanaging.

Crew played pretty solid. Got a little nervous 12 -8, but still well inhand. What's Rickies status? I know he went out with a sprained wrist.

I got myself a Gabe Gross jersey shirt (Last names gross, gotta) and ended up with 4 free tickets! Hizzah! Ben Sheets here we come!

Jenkins generally carries around a .730 OPS vs lefties, the fact he has struggled a bit more this year is irrelevant

irrelevant (adj) : having no bearing on or connection with the subject at issue

The fact that Jenkins is .133, .241, .200 for a whopping .441 OPS vs. lefties this year is very relevant to the Brewers THIS year and RIGHT NOW. Jenkins and Yost were being booed big time in the 7th (maybe more for Yost). He should have been pinch hit for. $8 million for his numbers this year overall is a joke.

I am not a Jenkins hater, but I am a realistic Brewers fan, and believe he is underachieving. Too high of a leg kick at the plate, pooooor swings, and tooooo many K's with very little power should put anyone on the bench, whether they make $8 mil or not.

Quote:
So that was wise that did the punchout during the home run?

I saw that when it happened and was telling my friends but they had no idea what I was talking about...

Wise took the fall, Helling was the guy throwing the punch.

Matt sold poorly, but at least he didn't get injured. lol

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived