Brewer Fanatic

Please Explain the Hot Zones or whatever on FOX

I don't get it, I just don't

Is it the BA when the ball is pitched in whatever area of the strikezone? is it BA when they swing at balls in that area? is it when they make contact????

I always yell at the TV and say "I don't know what you mean, I hate you!" whenever I see it

They're completely dumb imo. I just assume they're the BA in the specific zones, but all they tell you is that tiny samples are next to worthless.

But all pitches fit neatly into one of 9 segments of the perfectly rectangular & always consistent strike zone!

In honor of IIR, I'm going to start yelling "I don't know what you mean, I hate you!" when I see them, too. On the plus side, Fox gets to use another graphic with FIRE!!!! WHOOOSH!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It's like they stole a concept from every baseball video game made in the past few years, slapped a Burger King sponsorship on it, and used crappy sound effects. Speaking of FOX and horrible sound effects, what's with the robot sounds when the scoreboard pops up? And the effect that sounds like a computer mouse clicking after every out is recorded?

And guess which network televises the NLCS this year? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

And guess which network televises the NLCS this year? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Hey, at least it's the LCS that more people will watch. Not sure what TBS' ratings even were last year but I'd venture it was worse than FOX's abysmal ratings.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived