Brewer Fanatic

The "Messin' With The Cardinals" photo thread

splitterpfj
Why did the police release that video? Seems incredibly unprofessional -- though I admit I don't know whether or not doing so is standard procedure or not. Seems like it was just to humiliate the guy.

I agree.

The tape itself was sad and disappointing, but that doesn't prevent it from being funny at the same time. The best line I thought was "Is there a difference between being asleep at the wheel and passed out? If you're saying passed out I will challenge that."

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h243/DIMPHardcore/tonybullpentorres.jpg

Got this one off last night's game thread from the Cardinals blog Viva El Birdos. Someone photoshopped TLR's face onto a photo of the Iraqi Minister of Propaganda after LaRussa blasted a local reporter for blaming the loss on the Card's bullpen.

I agree that this is bad karma. To whomever said, "Karma only hurts the wicked", I have to point out that pride is one of the seven deadly sins. In any event, hubris always seems to be the downfall of the Crew...hubris from this site!

Recall the "Curse of the Cubs" thread last year? And then they won the division.

And the "How bad are the Nationals" thread last year right before we played the Nats? I believe we lost 3 of 4 to them after that.

I am convince that even Russ could show that statistically, these threads lead to the downfall of the Crew (but only using the two examples above).

Bad, bad karma.

Why did the police release that video? Seems incredibly unprofessional -- though I admit I don't know whether or not doing so is standard procedure or not. Seems like it was just to humiliate the guy.

I think it falls under the rights for the public to know things blah blah blah, just the same as mugshots being released (don't have a problem with this) and 911 calls being released (which I do not like, but it's more on the media for playing them)

Let's not forget this gem:

I don't know that I have ever seen such a terrible "upcoming pitchers" list as now

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=mil

I mean, holy crap thats bad

Ubaldo Jimenez, RHP (3-8, 4.50)
Mark Redman, LHP (2-3, 7.05)
Greg Reynolds, RHP (2-6, 6.71)
Jorge De La Rosa, LHP (3-4, 6.58)
Josh Fogg, RHP (1-2, 8.39)

2-3 stretch after that post, my bad!

Long-time reader, seldom poster here. Due to computer problems I have had, I havent checked this website in over a week, which is a streak significantly longer than any other I have had in the last 2 years. I finally accessed my roomates computer to check it and I stumbled upon this thread. My roomate happens to be a die-hard Cardinals fan and I am definately torn as to which one of these photos to select for his new background on his computer. Bottomline is I want to let everyone out there who contributes to this thread and others like it that I appreciate it and it makes living in the same house as a Cardinals fan just a lit bit easier. P.S. I went with the La Russa "used Torres two days" photo as the new background.

Karma is about as real as a Leprechaun with wings who poops golden eggs. The Brewers will never lose due to a thread on a fan site unless somehow a member was privy to confidential information and leaked it (e.g. posted photos of a player cheating on his wife which caused him personal problems and then he stunk it up due to lack of sleep). Not a real likely occurrence. I can walk around my house with a broom in my hand and walk under 50 ladders during game 3 of a series we won the first two games of and it will never matter.

Archived