Brewer Fanatic

Any NHRA Fans?

jaybird2001wi
For those of who know, I am beginning to take an interest in NHRA, for the sole reason of Courtney Force (one or two of you called her a "Space Cadet" from watching the Driving Force on A&E). But I came to the realization that I don't know jack about the sport and just came to the realization that Courtney will never be on TV because she is in the "so-called minor leagues" of drag racing. Driving Force has also returned to A&E in reruns in the wee hours of Sunday morning (perfect since I work third shift and have access to a TV). But is there any website out there where I can get some knowledge of the sport?

I gotta say, I had no idea what NHRA was when I clicked on this thread. I can't stand racing of any kind, but I've got to think they have an official website that may have the info you're looking for.

This would seem to be helpful to a newcomer. There's a section called "The Basics".

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

A co-worker of mine used to work on a bunch of different Drag racing teams. He was on John Force's crew for a while. The did too good, that somehow the team could afford all the performance bonuses. I guess I was always mildly interested in it. I watch it when it is one. My dad used to race at Kakauna and Union Grove about 15 years ago. My cousin takes his '64 Falcon once a while. I don't really have any good info to provide you though. The engines are rebuilt after almost every run. I forgot how much my co-worker said it takes to put together a championship team. I think it was 4 million dollars though (could be way off). I just asked him last week. He said it is dirt cheap compared to NASCAR though.

Archived