Brewer Fanatic

Top Video Game "Legends"

jaybird2001wi

Tecmo Super Bowl was loaded...

Not quite elite level, but solid players in the game were Derrick Thomas, David Fulcher, Ronnie Lott, Sterling Sharpe was awesome, who was the safety on the Vikings again?

Man I would wear that game out. NES Advantage, turbo button baby.

I thought of another one. Scott Kamieniecki on Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on N64. His cut fastball broke away from lefties (for some reason?) by about a foot, and his slider did the same to righties. He was my Carlos Marmol on my franchise; the 7th and 8th innings were a black hole.

Tecmo Super Bowl was loaded...

Not quite elite level, but solid players in the game were Derrick Thomas, David Fulcher, Ronnie Lott, Sterling Sharpe was awesome, who was the safety on the Vikings again?

Man I would wear that game out. NES Advantage, turbo button baby.

You must be thinking of Browner, he was a stud. I have the game, played it so much I had to buy a top loader. Great 50$ purchase.

Anyone in MLB 2K7 with a power rating over 50.

The game is just too easy to hit home runs. I just beat Cincinnati 38-1 on the hardest difficulty and in the process hit 16 home runs. It also seems that the only hits I ever give up are bloop singles where the OF decides to slow down even though he has plenty of time to get the ball and home runs. I give up at least one a game, usually two, and I'm painting corners.

Latrell Sprewell in NBA Live 95 (or the year before) --pretty much Jordan-esqe in that game

In early 2K football games (NFL 2K and NFL 2K1), the only thing you needed was a running back with speed. Warrick Dunn was pretty much unstoppable. Just for fun one time I ran with Dunn every single play for 1 game against my roomate. Dunn ended up going for many hundreds of yard in that game (600-700?). The game ended when my roommate got so frustrated in his inability to stop him that he flung his dreamcast controller against the wall. Out routes were also nearly unstoppable, as was Randy Moss--though as a Packers fan that didn't seem all that unrealistic at the time.

In MVP baseball 05, any righthanded batter with any semblance of power could hit home runs at will. I remember racking up absolutely sick numbers of homers with Wes Helms (and Carlos Lee). For whatever reason, the game did not seem to let me hit many homers with lefthanded batters. Even though Jenkins was way better than Helms, Wes Helms was way better in the game.

In NBA 2K5, Steve Nash could pretty much take over every game. He never turned the ball over and he could knock down threes from anywhere. Of course in all the 2K basketball games, any jobber with 3 point ability was arguably more valuable than superstar big men. My personal list of favorites over the years: Erik Piatkowski, Dell Curry, Matt Bullard, Steve Kerr, Dana Barros, Fred Hoiberg, Hubert Davis, Wesley Person, Reggie Miller (even at the very end of his career when his overall rating was in the 60s) etc.

In MVP baseball 05, any righthanded batter with any semblance of power could hit home runs at will. I remember racking up absolutely sick numbers of homers with Wes Helms (and Carlos Lee). For whatever reason, the game did not seem to let me hit many homers with lefthanded batters. Even though Jenkins was way better than Helms, Wes Helms was way better in the game.

I think this was MVP Baseball 2004 There is a known glitch in that game called "the lefty glitch" in which it is darn near impossible to hit homers with left-handed hitters. Consequently, this is also the game that the Chad Moellers of the world were hitting 20+ bombs per season, every season.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I think this was MVP Baseball 2004 There is a known glitch in that game called "the lefty glitch" in which it is darn near impossible to hit homers with left-handed hitters. Consequently, this is also the game that the Chad Moellers of the world were hitting 20+ bombs per season, every season.

I definitely think that was '04. On MVP '05, I lost two games to the Royals walk-off HR style via John Buck, once to my brother and once to a friend. I started a franchise with the Royals just for the heck of it, and he had something like 12 home runs in April for me.

I'll always love the pseudonyms for the players on Ken Griffey Jr.Presents Major League Baseball. The Brewers featured pitchers such as B.Wayne, P. Parker and C. Kent. The Red Sox had J. Adams and A. Hamilton. What a game.

Archived