Brewer Fanatic

07/25/2006 Pirates (Snell) @ Brewers (Sheets) 7:05 CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man, I bet Ned sure feels like a genius now. He's such a battler - he'll make all those Turnbow-haters eat their words. Maybe it was his plan all along to put the game out of reach there...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Quote:
The Brewers are going with four starters so they needed to get some work for Bush. Bush is a pretty efffective pitcher who throws strikes which is great for a guy coming out of the pen. I think it's a good call but bad results.

exactly

At least Bush blew the game in a hurry...with Turnbow is one agonizing ball after another until the bases are loaded. Bush at least let us know it was done early.

The Brewers go down 1-2-3 in the 9th...way to go, 2-3-4 spots.

Ned Yost after the game...that should be interesting.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

People complaining about yost simply know very little about the game and how to manage.

I just don't buy this. Like Bucksman said before, he manages with his heart, and not his head. No one will ever question his desire to win, but messing with Bush's role is just unnecessary, even with our lousy bullpen. There are just certain "cliche" moves (like the IF in) that he'll always make, and his whole loyalty to veterans/favorites is painfully obvious and hurting the team. He often cares too much about hurting a player's feelings than winning ballgames. No manager is perfect, but Ned isn't even respectable right now.

Quote:
Crabbing about Yost is just dumb. If Bow closes out a few of those games, we are over .500 and right there. Fans would be excited and you wouldnt say anything. People complaining about yost simply know very little about the game and how to manage. What is he supposed to do? Tonight for example....Helling or Gonzalez comes in and the same happens. You say the same thing so just save it.

So let me get this straight...

You think it's a good idea to use a starting pitcher in a relief role?

Seriously, can you come up with ONE CASE of this working out for a good team in the last five years?

(Last year, for example, one starting pitcher on the Cardinals' staff made one relief appearance. It was Jason Marquis, and it was toward the end of the season when they had skipped his turn in the rotation.)

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Someone posted the opposing hitters' numbers against Bush, based on the inning.

Let's just say that his first inning numbers were the worst of any other inning.

It was either innings or turns through the order. I can't remember for sure and I am too lazy to look it up. I do remember that the numbers for Bush early in his appearances were bad compared to later on.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Yost deserves to lose this game. In fact, the whole team - with the exception of Sheets, Fielder, and Gwynn - deserves to lose this game. For the second time in a week, TROTTING BUSH OUT THERE FOR ONE INNING OF RELIEF IS @#%$!!! I apologize for my politically incorrectness, but come on.

Edit: I can't believe that gets filtered.

Quote:
Seriously, can you come up with ONE CASE of this working out for a good team in the last five years?

umm... we are not a good team....

Bush was the best option here. I FELT safer with him out there than anyone we had. Smart Move , Bad Pitching. If Bush goes 1-2-3 no one says anything. But Bush blew it.

I can't wait until Darron and Bill praise this ballgame simply because Ben Sheets looked outstanding. Don't get me wrong - that's a great thing, but how about we talk about how pathetic everyone else played.

Quote:
Bush was the best option here. I FELT safer with him out there than anyone we had.

I'd argue until I'm blue in the face, but my face is so beat-red right now that I'm not sure anyone would notice if it turned blue.

Bush was not the best option there unless we're acquiring a new fifth starter tomorrow.

Capellan and Helling would both have been better choices. Helling has barely done anything in eight days, and he's proven in the past that he's pretty good in his first inning, as opposed to Bush, whose worst inning is his first.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived