Brewer Fanatic

07/25/2006 Pirates (Snell) @ Brewers (Sheets) 7:05 CST

JoeH33
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Helling could have been used, but he hasn't pitched in a while, so I don't know what's up with him. Shouse also could have been used, but it's a toss-up. They really were the only two other options.

Bush only lasted 3 innings last start, and will be missing a start Thursday. Why not see if he can spell the pen? I don't know for sure that I would have used Bush, but I can certainly see why Yost did. Makes sense to me.

I was at the game last night, and had fun, despite the crummy outcome.

Basically only one bad inning. People are forgetting that some of the blame lies with the offense. When you only score one run in 9 innings, you're not going to win a lot of games in the majors.

At least Sheets looked _very_ solid.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote:
Bush pitched only 3 innings in his last start, and because of off days and Sheets and Ohka coming back, he will not make another start until August 1st.

And he only pitched 3 innings because ned used him relief between his previous 2 starts and he came out flat. Starters are not conditioned to throw in relief between starts, its almost always a disaster when a manager does this and now Ned has done it twice to Bush within a week. The end result has been a terrible couple games for Bush.

Quote:
And he only pitched 3 innings because ned used him relief between his previous 2 starts and he came out flat.

I see. So you know that's why he was lit up in that start? You know this how? How then do you explain his other bad starts? How did Yost cause those?

Reading some of these posts, you'd think Dave Bush is the right handed JDLR or something, and the HOF is merely a formality.

David Bush's starts from June 17 til the present:

OPP IP H R ER BB K HR

CLE 8 4 2 2 2 6 0

KC 7.1 9 2 2 0 8 0

CHC 6.2 7 1 1 1 7 1

CIN 6 7 3 3 2 5 1

CHC 7 9 2 2 0 8 0

ARZ 6.2 9 5 4 1 4 0

CIN 3 7 6 6 3 2 2

Looks like Bush had finally come around. He strung together a month's worth of quality starts, and got the win in Arizona while not pitching terribly.

Then he comes in to relieve in San Francisco in the middle of his time between starts, and he has his first truly horrid start in about a month and a half.

There certainly is a real chance that it's a coincidence, but the timing could lead to the conclusion that the relief appearance messed Bush up a little bit. Let's see how he comes out in his next start before we pass full judgment.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived