Brewer Fanatic

My Analogy for this Brewers-Cardinals Series

Menotti80

dont ask me how i came up with this...

when i look at how this series with the cardinals, to me this is the equivilant of going to an awesome restaurant for a special occasion. in the days leading up to the big night out, the anticipation grows and grows. by the morning of the big day, thats all you are thinking about. dinner. for some reason you have a bit of butterflies in anticipation for how awesome the night could be. then again, the food might be a bit undercooked, your beer may turn out to be flat, and in the end you just may end up feeling bloated while starting at a huge bill - so you might even be a little worried.

when looking ahead to the meal, you cant wait to devour that big steak (C.C.). Steak has been your favorite thing lately, and this steak is supposed to be the best steak around. on the other hand, you have a huge sweet tooth, and no matter how awesome and filling the steak is, you know you are going to need to get some dessert (Sheets).

Finally you get to the restaurant, sit down, get your drink. Once you order up your big steak, you remember that first, you gotta have the salad. maybe you aren't a big salad guy. but you order one anyways because you are starving. you order your salad with plenty of bacon bits and french dressing (McClung); and as you wait and once the salad arrives, maybe you feel like should should have gone with the caeser salad instead (Bush). [expletive deleted] Oh well, it's too late, and the strange decision (pitching platoon) has already been made.

But alas! The salad actually hits the spot. It actually worked out pretty well, and you are content with having gotten the bacon bits and french dressing salad. you only eat about half the salad (McClung goes 5 innings), but the bread and oil (bullpen) tides you over for the most part until... time for soup.

maybe you aren't a big "soup" guy. or maybe its been a while since youve had soup because the last 3 or 4 times you had soup, it didn't work out so well. but hey, the salad worked, so what the hell!? you order the wild rice soup and hope for the best. meanwhile, the excitement of the salad and the dinner itself is making you more and more anxious. so anxious that the soup is brought out and you immediately take a sip - only it burns the tip of your tongue. not off to a good start (see suppan's 1st inning last night)...

but once you let the soup cool a bit - hey, thats pretty good stuff! even better than you expected. so far, that meal has surpassed your expectations, and you haven't even gotten to the main course!!!

oh boy... now it's time for the big juicy steak, followed by that sweet, sweet dessert. the wait is almost unbearable...

(edit: language --1992)

Once you order up your big steak, you remember that first, you gotta have the salad. maybe you aren't a big salad guy. but you order one anyways because you are starving. you order your salad with plenty of bacon bits and french dressing (McClung); and as you wait and once the salad arrives, maybe you feel like should should have gone with the caeser salad instead (Bush). [expletive deleted] Oh well, it's too late, and the strange decision (pitching platoon) has already been made.

But alas! The salad actually hits the spot. It actually worked out pretty well, and you are content with having gotten the bacon bits and french dressing salad. you only eat about half the salad (McClung goes 5 innings), but the bread and oil (bullpen) tides you over for the most part

Of course, gotta watch out for those salad tongs (Pujols?) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

actually tosa, the idea popped into my head and at the time it was very small. but as i started writing it, it just kept getting longer and longer, with more details. i can almost guarentee that my immense hunger at the time made it so long... lol

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Of course, gotta watch out for those salad tongs (Pujols?) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Good think Matt Wise isn't in the bullpen... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Steak was served Well Done!

Bring on the (what kind of dessert is he?) Sheet cake?

Archived