Brewer Fanatic

Jay Gibbons Signed to Minor League Deal; Likely September Callup [Unless he retires, which he did July 9]

Gibbons is a standup guy. It is annoying that he is one of the scapegoats for what so many players were wrapped up in. What is going on with Bonds is likely collosive (not sure that is the right way to spell it), but it may even be moreso in Gibbons' case. Bonds disrupts clubhouses and has crazy demands. This guy is a servicable lefty. No reason he didn't catch on elsewhere. I wish him all the luck and maybe we can teach him to pitch.
Formerly Andersoc420

He might be a stand up guy, but he hasn't hit a lick since they started to crack down on juicers.

If the Brewers need another lefthanded bat (and wasn't that a reason they added Durham?) come September, don't they have this guy in Huntsville hitting around .370?.

This move does bring into serious question the future of Tony Gwynn. Now you Gwynn haters (and you know who you are) I'm sure are thrilled by this move.

It's a great move. Gibbons sits on the bench in September, then maybe gets an NRI for Spring, or is just released and can sign with another team, like KC.

Not to mention (i believe) we are only responsible for the pro-rated league minimum. Can't argue too much with this signing. At that price, he's certainly worth a shot in the minors and a September callup.

Man I know how you guys feel, it sucks having a young, fast, great defender, that can bunt, get on base, steal, and is left handed! Why god would you ever put Tony Gwynn Jr. in the Brewer system, Why?! haha still dont understand all the hate. By the way im not a Gwynn hater.

As for Gibbons... you know its a good signing, no risk, may get some production out of him. Who knows but how many lefty bats do we need? Council, Durham, Branyan, then maybe Gwynn Jr, Gamel.... I dont know

And the reason for the haters to like this move i think is because it is another lefty outfielder to try to take Gwynn's place

And the reason for the haters to like this move i think is because it is another lefty outfielder to try to take Gwynn's place

I'd actually rather have Gwynn than Gibbons, but having both is fine as well. Other than the fact that they hit from the left side of the plate, they're two very different players.

young

Antone Williamson

fast

Alex Sanchez

great defender

Steve Moss

that can bunt

Ben Sheets

get on base

Gary Bennett

steal

Mike Felder

is left handed

My 7 week old daughter

To bad none of those guys could do them all (Williamson was suppose to but yeah that was a joke), Alex Sanchez would have been close but he didn't walk at all, so his .280 -.290 batting average only lead to a .310 -.320 on base percentage, plus Gwynn Jr. is a better fielder. Hes a solid player not a great player, I mean hes not a player i have a man crush on (Escobar on the other hand..ha) but i dont get why people have so much hate toward him. He is a solid lead-off hitter, you think being a Brewer fan you'd like that, after we have to watch Rickie lead off all the time. (Not calling out Rickie but he just not a lead-off guy, if he cut down his his k's in half maybe, also hitting higher than .220 would help)

Archived