Brewer Fanatic

7/26/2006 Brewers (Capuano) vs. Pirates (Maholm) 1:05 CT

thablingster
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I know he was okay on Monday in a two-inning stint, but why on Earth was Matt Wise put out there for a second inning of work today?

That is easy: because, similar to batting Jenkins against lefties, every once in awhile it works and that makes Nedly feel a hard worker gamer and battler?

What'd I win?

Quote:
Just to point it out, even if the Brewers had brought in a reliever to pitch a scoreless fifth inning, the Brewers would still trail 5-4.

Yeah, but Kolb would have started the ninth. So it would still probably have ended 8-4.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
The chance of even a .500 season was put into a doubt when Ohka and Sheets got hurt.

We're 1-2 in the games those two have started since returning, despite the fact that they've combined to allow four earned runs in 20 innings in those starts.

Not to mention that our supposed ace (someone else's words, not mine) posted an awe-inspiring 2.60 WHIP today.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Can the Pirates be removed from next year's schedule?

I have been comparing this season to 1988 since before it started and to some degree it has held up. This means that the Crew will tease us with a late run this year.

Did today's attendance look anywhere near the 37,000+ that is posted in the game box score?

I know that figure is based on tickets sold, not actual walk-throughs, but it still sounds like a rather high number for a Wednesday afternoon.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I just don't feel that this team is going to be over .500 at the end of the year either. They score runs and the pitching stinks and they have the pitching and the the offense can't hit a lick.

Consistency is the key and the Brewers don't have it. Melvin needs to get something done if he still thinks the Brewers are contenders. What we have just won't cut as we can all see.

Archived