Brewer Fanatic

NES (Original Nintendo) and Vintage Games in General

gbpacker40
Anyone else besides me collect these games here? I have a vast collection of 400+ games from the original Nintendo, alot with duplicates in sealed boxes. I collect everything from Atari to NES, to Sega all the way up to Dreamcast. I don't do to much from the playstation forward as I think the mass production kills the fun. I am always looking to buy more if anyone has any, shoot me a email. If anyone collects like myself, what is your favorite system ever? I think I have to say the Turbo Grafx 16. Not only because the graphics were so far ahead of their time, but because the games were simply amazing.

I don't do to much from the playstation forward as I think the mass production kills the fun.
Sounds cool, but aren't some of the NES titles still among the best selling video games of all time? I think Mario, Mario 2 and Mario 3 are 3 of the top 10 selling home console video games of all-time with Mario being far and away the all-time champ (and Mario 3 being the title holder among non-bundled games).

Anyway, I would collect old video games too (there's a store by my house that has thousands of NES games for pretty reasonable prices (most seem to be .50 to $2, though that's judging from a cursory glance)), but my wife would kill me as she thinks I already have too many collections of things. Also, I always hated blowing into the stupid cartridge to try to get it to work. My hope is that Nintendo starts releasing more of the old classics on the Wii Vrtual Console.

If anyone collects like myself, what is your favorite system ever? I think I have to say the Turbo Grafx 16. Not only because the graphics were so far ahead of their time, but because the games were simply amazing.

Favorite system has to be the Dreamcast. Loved that little thing so much to bad the Playstation 2 and XBox came out just after it came out and just blew it out of the water.

I've been playing my Sega Saturn all summer. World Series Baseball, Madden 97, Soviet Strike, NBA Action, some hockey games. Virtua Cop. Awesome stuff. Hooked up my laptop to the system to record audio files and make "Soundtrack" albums for a bunch of my games.

I'm a nerd.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I LOVE the original Mario. There's a bar in my city where you can play a lot of vintage games and pinball. If you're nice, they'll let you play Mario at the bar. There's also my other fave's Tyson's Punch Out, Paperboy (Has anyone ever driven through Baltimore? I used to say it was like playing a game of paperboy.), Street Fighter (I used to pick Ryu or Honda a lot. Yes, I had to look their names up. I'm not that much of a dork.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif), and Donkey Kong, which I played right after I watched King of Kong. I also love playing the Ninja Turtle and Simpson game there. They were fun at home, but drunk friends+TMNT arcade = awesomeness.

Street Fighter (I used to pick Ryu or Honda a lot. Yes, I had to look their names up. I'm not that much of a dork.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif),

Ouch. That was like a right to the gut. Some of us are that much of a dork.

It doesn't hurt that Street Fighter 4 is coming out by the end of the year....but I still would have known the characters without looking them up.

I have to see my favorite part of Wii was getting it modified so I can play the NES and SNES emulators directly on through the Wii on my TV. Because of this, I now have 700+ NES games and 500+ SNES games.

I usually only play Techmo Super Bowl, Dr. Mario and the Mario series but have had some post bar nights with friends playing Ice Hockey and RBI Baseball.

Street Fighter (I used to pick Ryu or Honda a lot. Yes, I had to look their names up. I'm not that much of a dork.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif),

Ouch. That was like a right to the gut. Some of us are that much of a dork.

It doesn't hurt that Street Fighter 4 is coming out by the end of the year....but I still would have known the characters without looking them up.

LOL! To be honest, I'm a stoner so I'm not supposed to remember things. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Actually the first time I played Street Fighter at this bar I remembered to pick those two because of their special moves. I always have/had so much success with Honda and his arm thing.

Archived